Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: howto for wiimote?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

I seem to recall reading a howto for getting wii-controller to work with xbmc under linux via blue-tooth, but I can't find it anymore. web search didn't turn out anything. Can someone please let me know if it still exist, and if not, how I can use wii remote to control xbmc?

thanks in advance,
chene Wrote:hi all,

I seem to recall reading a howto for getting wii-controller to work with xbmc under linux via blue-tooth, but I can't find it anymore. web search didn't turn out anything. Can someone please let me know if it still exist, and if not, how I can use wii remote to control xbmc?

thanks in advance,

If you use the deb package
sudo apt-get install xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote
xbmc-wiiremote

press 1+2 on wiiremote
Topfs2 Wrote:If you use the deb package
sudo apt-get install xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote
xbmc-wiiremote

press 1+2 on wiiremote

is there a guide for this for Windows Huh??

thanks
Hi guys,
im running Ubuntu Intrepid and tried to install wiiremote xbox support but unfrtunately that packet requires libbluetooth2. Intrepid only support libbluetooth3. Is there any chance that there is a updated wiiremote package available?

Except for wiiremote, is there any other package available which makes it possible to use other remote solutions (except normal keyboard / mouse)
if you do this do you have to repair the remote to the wii to play games?
Sorry i managed to find the answer in another thread...
care to post the thread??
xabba Wrote:Hi guys,
im running Ubuntu Intrepid and tried to install wiiremote xbox support but unfrtunately that packet requires libbluetooth2. Intrepid only support libbluetooth3. Is there any chance that there is a updated wiiremote package available?

Except for wiiremote, is there any other package available which makes it possible to use other remote solutions (except normal keyboard / mouse)

You can install libbluetooth2. It will run fine and will not conflict with libbluetooth3. You have to install the old package but it works fine. Here I made it easy for you to get:

Code:
wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/11146115/libbluetooth2_3.24-1_i386.deb
Hello , this always work with kodi , and i would know why the remote don 't move on the screen ?
Does i need to add a keymap ?