Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVComposite Hack without NitoTV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to the forum. First of all let me say that XBMC is spectacular and it has given my ATV unforseen new qualities.

I don't have an HDTV. Therefore, I'm using the kext command to activate the TVComposite hack. However, NitoTV is slowing down my ATV and I'm wondering whether I can uninstall NitoTV and still run the kext command. If not, are there lighter alternatives to NitoTV?

I'm hesitating to uninstall NitoTV as I hear that it's a pain and after all the system is fairly stable now.

I appreciate any suggestions.
eickmeyer Wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum. First of all let me say that XBMC is spectacular and it has given my ATV unforseen new qualities.

I don't have an HDTV. Therefore, I'm using the kext command to activate the TVComposite hack. However, NitoTV is slowing down my ATV and I'm wondering whether I can uninstall NitoTV and still run the kext command. If not, are there lighter alternatives to NitoTV?

I'm hesitating to uninstall NitoTV as I hear that it's a pain and after all the system is fairly stable now.

I appreciate any suggestions.

http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Composite
davilla, thx a lot for the link. I'm trying to add the TVComposite hack to the startup items as per description.

It tells me to create a file by entering:
sudo nano -w /System/Library/StartupItems/ATV_Color/ATV_Color

I have been able to create the directory /ATV_Color but when I enter the line of code above I get the error message:

sudo: nano: command not found
eickmeyer Wrote:davilla, thx a lot for the link. I'm trying to add the TVComposite hack to the startup items as per description.

It tells me to create a file by entering:
sudo nano -w /System/Library/StartupItems/ATV_Color/ATV_Color

I have been able to create the directory /ATV_Color but when I enter the line of code above I get the error message:

sudo: nano: command not found

Mini-command-line primer:

"nano: command not found" means the command "nano" was not found in the execution path. google "nano" shows that nano is a command-line text editor. So "nano: command not found" mean that you don't have nano installed.

Next time you patch with atvusb-creator always pick binutils, the contains several useful binaries like nano which is a text editor.

http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/...ils.tar.gz

move to the appletv, unpack, move the contents to /usr/bin with sudo cp.
That worked beautifully. Thanks a lot for the incredibly quick reply.

Great work on XBMC! It really multiplied the enjoyment I'm getting out of the ATV!