Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Flip textbox control (flip-x and flip-y / mirror-x and mirror-y)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to add a flipx or flipy attribute to textboxes/labels as it is to textures?
no but why ?
so you have to look at it in a mirror ?
or are you looking for a mirror effect like the icons
I'm looking for the mirror effect so dynamic text can be included in reflections. To make this possible...

That looks silly to me, but it's probably possible using a rotate of 180 degrees about the x axis, centred appropriately.
Rotate about x axis would result in the text being upside down but not a mirror image, wouldn't it?
Not quite right for reflections, thanks for the suggestion though.

EDIT: Wow really wasn't awake when I wrote that. Yes, x-axis would do it but don't think there is any other way of doing it apart from the flip attribute is there?
It's an animation type. rotatex or something like that. You do a conditional animation with the condition as true (i.e. always applied).

See the PM3 coverflow stuff for a rotate about y axis, and modify accordingly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan, I'll take a look.
<animation effect="rotatex" start="180" end="180" time="0" center="[bottom of the panel]" condition="true">conditional</animation>
Does that give it the 'mirror' looking effect then? Huh
Gamester17 Wrote:Does that give it the 'mirror' looking effect then? Huh

Yep, works a treat.
Only just got home from work, havn't had a chance to try it until now.

Cheers guys! Big Grin
i think with everything else reflected it looks good. Smile
I wasn't too sure how it would turn out (if at all) like the idea in my head but I think it works pretty well...

EDIT: Apart from the '1/2' label I've just noticed half way up the page!
Turn the spinner off.