Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i hate to ask, but how long do you expect the tv guide screen to be out of action, i know its the next beta, but any eta on that? the guide is a huge feature, as you know, and cant really use the latest beta because its missing.
thanks for all your hard work btw
im having trouble getting live tv to work on my apple tv.
recordings playback fine, ive added the recordings dir in the /change/me place, using NFS.
but live tv, just locks up and requires me to do a reboot of my apple tv.
its connecting to a myth 0.22 backend. tried using both svn1558 and svn1798 neither work.
svn1558, doesn't lockup, it just shows the buffering dialog, but doesn't actually start.
tried to look in the /Applications/mythbox.log, but its completely empty.
playback does start on the server, and i can watch it from the server after mythbox starts live tv.
tried increasing the buffer size to 8192 and no change.
is mythbox using file mode for live tv under 0.22, if so do i need to add the live tv directory to the list of recordings dirs?
I tried out the version 1798 of the plugin with a new Mythbuntu 10.04 build using Camelot with the Confluence skin When I run the test I get a"Connection to MythTv Failed: unsupported protocol error 56"? I also tried the previous version and got the same error.

Edit: Also tried with the PM3 skin..I know you're not supporting Confluence yet.
Analogue,

Do you have an estimate on when you may be releasing a version which supports MythTV 0.23 (new protocol version)?

Thanks!
psipsi Wrote:Analogue,

Do you have an estimate on when you may be releasing a version which supports MythTV 0.23 (new protocol version)?

Thanks!

I noticed a code check-in where someone is working on the issue....it shouldn't be too much longer. There's still the guide issue which is a deal breaker for me. My cable company is still in 1980 with only analog SD and no guide channel.
Hiya Everybody,

I'm presently upgrading one of my modded Xboxen to a Aspire Revo AR1600. It's a stock box that I've added an additional gig of memory to (2gig total now)

I used the v14 live cd from XBMCFreak to get XBMC loaded and that seems to be working fine. (video, music, and picture gallery all working well)

My goal here is to use the box as a front end for MythTV. To that end I downloaded and installed MythBox-SVN-1798

I have it loaded in the .xbmc/scripts/my scripts directory and it launches just fine.

The first tab of the configuration screen asks for a path to the ffmpeg executable. My problem is that ffmpeg isn't installed either in XBMCFreak's live cd or the Mythbox script.

I have an ffmpg file in:

/home/tmb/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/MythBox/resources/bin/osx

but that wasn't an executable. I tried making it executable and running it and got:

bash: ./ffmpeg: cannot execute binary file

I tried aptitude install ffmpeg and it informed me that "The following packages are BROKEN: libavdevice52"

and the install promptly failed.

I've spent the last several hours searching the forums and googling in general and have come up empty.

At this point I'm at a loss and don't know how to proceed with getting this up and running.

Anybody have any suggestionsHuh
tmbomber Wrote:Hiya Everybody,

I'm presently upgrading one of my modded Xboxen to a Aspire Revo AR1600. It's a stock box that I've added an additional gig of memory to (2gig total now)

I used the v14 live cd from XBMCFreak to get XBMC loaded and that seems to be working fine. (video, music, and picture gallery all working well)

My goal here is to use the box as a front end for MythTV. To that end I downloaded and installed MythBox-SVN-1798

I have it loaded in the .xbmc/scripts/my scripts directory and it launches just fine.

The first tab of the configuration screen asks for a path to the ffmpeg executable. My problem is that ffmpeg isn't installed either in XBMCFreak's live cd or the Mythbox script.

I have an ffmpg file in:

/home/tmb/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/MythBox/resources/bin/osx

but that wasn't an executable. I tried making it executable and running it and got:

bash: ./ffmpeg: cannot execute binary file

I tried aptitude install ffmpeg and it informed me that "The following packages are BROKEN: libavdevice52"

and the install promptly failed.

I've spent the last several hours searching the forums and googling in general and have come up empty.

At this point I'm at a loss and don't know how to proceed with getting this up and running.

Anybody have any suggestionsHuh

Code:
sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list \
   --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list && sudo apt-get -q update && \
   sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get -q update
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

Regards Hans
One of the things I love about Linux...

wget: command not found

< heavy sigh>

I see how this evening's going to go.

I'll keep y'all posted...

EDIT:

As expected, attempting to do an apt-get install wget didn't work. So I googled wget and found:

http://wget.addictivecode.org/Frequently...q#download

following instructions there let me run what you posted.

Ok, Testing what I've done.

again, I'll keep y'all posted...

Edit:
Thank You Hans!!!

I now have ffmpeg loaded on my Revo.

Now back to mythbox problems.

When launching the script I'm getting the configuration screen. I get a note in the bottom right that says:

Connect to MySQL failed : Found EOF after Auth, expecting OK. Using old passwords?

Hmmmm.... digging some more.

Edit:
Ok, found in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=444...tcount=242

Fixed that... Only problem now is that I don't wanna mess with MySQL on the back end while the Wife's shows are recording (Gawd forbid she miss Glee)

I have a window starting at 10:00 PM EDT. I'll update y'all again after that Smile
tmbomber Wrote:One of the things I love about Linux...

Fixed that... Only problem now is that I don't wanna mess with MySQL on the back end while the Wife's shows are recording (Gawd forbid she miss Glee)

I have a window starting at 10:00 PM EDT. I'll update y'all again after that Smile

One thing to have a look on it.

If you are using Mythtv 0.23 you should install a svn version of mythbox because Mythtv 0.23 has a new database protocoll.

Regards
Hans
OK, failed at doing anything last night...

(Wifey didn't tell me that she was going to be watching anything on the upstairs front end... boy was she ticked when I remote rebooted the backend)

so I had to put it all back the way it was.

Tonight we try again.

Oh, and for the record, the backend is running MythDora 10.21

Edit:

Confirmed with "rpm -qa | grep myth", I'm running 0.21

Second Edit:

Just gave the above fixes a try and I still have the "old password?" fault message.

Noticed I'm running mythbox-svn-1798.tar.gz...

will that work with a backend running 0.21?

If not, what version do I have to revert back toHuh

back to googling

Third Edit:

From the readme: " - Compatible with MythTV 0.22 and 0.23"

Eeeeek!!! does that mean it's *not* compatible with 0.21Huh

Piffal!!! Sad

Ok, Mulling over thoughts of upgrading the backend to 0.22 while waiting for a response here.
Re: old_passwords on MySQL.

I'm currently running the original xbmcmythtv script successfully on two XBox versions of XBMC. I'm *now* attempting to get MythBox working on my new Linux XBMC install. I do understand the need to change the MySQL to use new passwords, but is this going to screw up the connectivity from the XBoxes running the original script? Let's say the two Xboxes are "production" and the Linux box is "dev," and my wife wouldn't want me to screw up "production." Smile

Thanks!
thanks for the script .

i'm little confused about the setting record folder.

I do not know what to insert there.

i have a mythbuntu 10.04 desktop which is working at backend (192.168.2.6).
and i use here the default folder for recording , like /usr/home/xy .

The frontend is an atv with installed xbmc (192.168.2.16).

do i have to put the recording folder from the backend in it ?
how could my xbmc could get access to the backend folder. i do not thing that it has access for that folder. it is not a share ...

can someone help?
oezkan12 Wrote:thanks for the script .

i'm little confused about the setting record folder.

I do not know what to insert there.

i have a mythbuntu 10.04 desktop which is working at backend (192.168.2.6).
and i use here the default folder for recording , like /usr/home/xy .

The frontend is an atv with installed xbmc (192.168.2.16).

do i have to put the recording folder from the backend in it ?
how could my xbmc could get access to the backend folder. i do not thing that it has access for that folder. it is not a share ...

can someone help?

okay i get it to work,

i mounted the recorded folder from the backend with smb and put it in rec folder .

although i can not see any recorded videos.

when i get through ssh on the atv i can check the mounted folder and see that the mounting was successfully.

isn't smb supported?
I don't see where Analogue posted a message but it appears that Mythbox RC1 has been posted. Although it doesn't appear to be skinned for Confluence it does work. The guide is back but seems to have a few issues yet. When selecting a show from the guide right after the time has changed to the next hour it would not let me watch that show....only give me recording options. To be more specific if I opened the guide at 8:59 and the time is now 9:00 it didn't allow me to watch that channel. Another thing I noticed may be skin related but my remote didn't seem to work in the guide unless it had mouse focus. There hasn't been a lot of activity in this thread but while keeping an eye on the change log I could see that Analogue was hard at work...thanks!
Release candidate 1 of Mythbox is looking really good. For those who haven't used Mythbox yet, I created a video demo. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5E8KPalqPg

Rock on, PLA