Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the script and edited the settings but when I test the settings it still attempts to connect to my local ip address instead of using the one I entered. Any idea what I should do here?

Thanks!
I assume you are on Linux. If so, add an entry to the /etc/hosts file for the MythTV backend. For example:

Code:
192.168.1.5   MythTVBackEndServer

Then in the Mythbox MythTV settings change the Master Backend Hostname to MythTVBackEndServer. On the MySQL settings change the MySQL Server Hostname to MythTVBackEndServer too.

I also set up a NFS share to the MythTV recordings directory on the backend.

Rock on, PLA
Im on Windows 7, I added my servername to my hosts file and tried the server name instead of the IP. I still get the error that it's trying to connect to "192.168.1.2" (my local ip).

I already have a drive mapped to the recordings folder but I cant get the DB connection working.
No matter what I do it still tries to connect to 192.168.1.2. Is there a file that I can edit somewhere?
@telnetmanta - I'm not familiar with Windows 7. Could your Windows 7 firewall be interfering? If there is a flat text file with the MythTV backend name stored, I can't find it. Not sure where the server name is stored. Maybe you could install Wireshark to sniff the packets and see what it going on.

Rock on, PLA
PLA,

Thanks for trying. The firewall is off, it has to be something with the way the settings are stored in the script. I'll wait for the developer to answer.

BTW, Im in SC myself!

Thanks
Alright neighbor. Let me know what you find out.

Rock on, PLA
Submitted a ticket on this since no responses here.
I have been waiting for this. Now I need to setup a myth backend and get my 2 HDHomeruns to work. Thanks!
After some absence I'm back (trying to) use XBMC with a python script to enjoy MythTV. This time I'm on a Mac mini running OS X instead of the original XBOX.

XBMC itself runs just fine (xbmc-r31415-trunk-x86.dmg) but I cannot get MythBox to work (or any other script for that matter).

I've created ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts and copied the contents of mythbox-RC1.tar.gz into this directory. Switch my XBMC skin to PM3.HD and tried firing up MythBox....no luck...

Any pointers to get MythBox running would be appriciated! It's very frustrating trying to get this to work....

Is the path for the python scripts still correct?
mac2010 Wrote:After some absence I'm back (trying to) use XBMC with a python script to enjoy MythTV. This time I'm on a Mac mini running OS X instead of the original XBOX.

XBMC itself runs just fine (xbmc-r31415-trunk-x86.dmg) but I cannot get MythBox to work (or any other script for that matter).

I've created ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/scripts and copied the contents of mythbox-RC1.tar.gz into this directory. Switch my XBMC skin to PM3.HD and tried firing up MythBox....no luck...

Any pointers to get MythBox running would be appriciated! It's very frustrating trying to get this to work....

Is the path for the python scripts still correct?
Fixed by going back to the stable XBMC release. Too bad, the newer release support video decoding offloading.
mac2010 Wrote:Fixed by going back to the stable XBMC release. Too bad, the newer release support video decoding offloading.

you might want to take a look at this, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644

its been good for me, using newer xbmc builds and watching mythtv shows.
djroketboy Wrote:you might want to take a look at this, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644

its been good for me, using newer xbmc builds and watching mythtv shows.

Thanks, I will take a look.
I'm having the same problem - I've spent the last 4 hours or so getting all my ducks in a row to enable CrystalHD support and now it appears that either 1) Scripts is gone and replaced with Addons or 2) I just don't know what I'm doing. At any rate, thus far I can't figure out how to get the SVN version of XBMC (on Ubuntu 10.04) to see the Mythbox-RC1 script. If anybody knows how to make this work I am all ears.