Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm.. I found out why my 1.03 > 0.24.1 setup wasn't working very well - I'd posted earlier that it was jumping in playback and also the audio seemed slightly out of sync.

Anyway, I just turned off de-interlace handling and now it's just fine.

So - the only thing missing is Live TV and I can do without MythTV Frontend alltogether and only use MythBox..
Hello I need some help here.
I have a working mythtv on my desktop and I installed XBMC on my laptop. I can watch all my recordings and live tv using my laptop when is connected to the home router using the wired.
But when I use the wifi, I can't watch neither live tv nor mythtv recordings.

Now I'm looking for a way that can help me download mythtv recordings to Xbmc library so I can play them without being worried about a slow wifi connection.
Can somebody help me with how to save mythtv recordings to xbmc video library ?
I followed this tutorial and I can see all my recordings as well as my live tv channels. ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythTV )
Chris
Hi Guys,

Their are a number of posts confirming jumpy/stuttering playbacks when playing mythv recordings back through mythbox on xbmc, but i could not identify a resolution. I also could not see an issue/bug listing on the homepage?

For me the problem goes away if I stop using Wifi and switch to wired. I have tried:

- disabling aggressive caching
- setting interlaced handling to none
- modifying scaling method and fiddled with various other playback settings.

I am able to play other HD files (eg using VLC ) from the same source, so the bandwidth available is unlikely to be the problem.

xbmc 10.1 on windoze 7

mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version : 24158
MythTV Branch : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API : 0.23.20100314-1
QT Version : 4.6.2

mythbox 1.0.3

Help is much appreciated!:

Is there anything else I could try to get this working? Am i missing the obvious? Is this problem fixed in a non generally available release of mythbox?

Is anybody using mythbox on windoze to a linux based backend on wifi without playback problems?

Thanks, Matthew.
Hello, tenguzori,
I have tried VLC like you and it works just great over wifi but I have been struggling finding a solution on how
1- to play mythtv recordings using xbmc (mythbox) over wifi in my laptop.
2- to download mythtv recording to xbmc library so I can watch them on my laptop without problems. I followed this tutorial and I can see all recordings in mythtv backend but can't play them over wifi.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythTV
I will appreciate some advice on this.
Thanks.
tenguzori Wrote:Hi Guys,

Their are a number of posts confirming jumpy/stuttering playbacks when playing mythv recordings back through mythbox on xbmc, but i could not identify a resolution. I also could not see an issue/bug listing on the homepage?

For me the problem goes away if I stop using Wifi and switch to wired. I have tried:

- disabling aggressive caching
- setting interlaced handling to none
- modifying scaling method and fiddled with various other playback settings.

I am able to play other HD files (eg using VLC ) from the same source, so the bandwidth available is unlikely to be the problem.

xbmc 10.1 on windoze 7

mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version : 24158
MythTV Branch : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API : 0.23.20100314-1
QT Version : 4.6.2

mythbox 1.0.3

Help is much appreciated!:

Is there anything else I could try to get this working? Am i missing the obvious? Is this problem fixed in a non generally available release of mythbox?

Is anybody using mythbox on windoze to a linux based backend on wifi without playback problems?

Thanks, Matthew.

Try playback via a mounted filesystem instead of streaming.

MythBox > Settings > MythTV > Enable Streaming > De-select
analogue Wrote:Try playback via a mounted filesystem instead of streaming.

MythBox > Settings > MythTV > Enable Streaming > De-select

Analogue, thanks for that has fixed the problem, had not tried it as a previous message stated it had not helped.

BTW any estimate on when watching of livetv through mythbox will be working?

Thanks - Matthew
I know that MythBox won't play Live TV with Myth 0.24 (not until XBMC Eden), but will it play recorded videos and skip the commercials, etc?
OK... Love Myth... Love MythBox... Love XMBC... Now to get them playing nicely together.

I've discovered (as posted below) that streaming with the Myth protocol in XBMC won't seek correctly. If I switch back to locally mounted recording files, I get commercial skipping and seeking working as expected.

Now, under a locally mounted setup, LiveTV won't stream. I'm running Myth 0.23.1 at the backend and have not moved forward so MythBox would support LiveTV but I've reached a bit of a paradox.

I've been playing with nightly builds of XBMC which are technically early v11 (Eden, no?)... if I upgrade my Myth backend to 0.24 (not reversible) and keep running MythBox 1.0.3 with a very recent nightly, is this a better combo?

I'm looking for some suggestions from others about what combos they've tried and had good results with... I've just not had the time to experiment and the upgrade of Myth is a one-way trip...

Sooooo close...
OK, I'm getting a little closer..

I'm using dteirney's git fork to compile XBMC and I get LiveTV working.

However, it's now broken the "Tv Guide" and when I try that I get and error from loadGuide.
integer argument expected, got float.

I've also tried the latest source for MythBox (post-1.03) - but I guess it's a missmatch in the libcmyth from dteirney and the standard one and what Myth expects.

Code:
09:44:46 T:140321732155136 M:2795352064   ERROR: E | util.py | MainThread | Line 307 | (<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, TypeError('integer argument expected, got float',), <traceback object at 0x5743830>)
09:44:46 T:140321732155136 M:2795352064  NOTICE: .
09:44:46 T:140321732155136 M:2795274240   ERROR: E | util.py | MainThread | Line 308 | CATCHALL_UI: Caught <type 'exceptions.TypeError'> exception integer argument expected, got float on method loadGuide
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/stevemu/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/util.py", line 305, in catchall_ui

return func(*args, **kw)
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <lambda>
                                              File "/home/stevemu/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/mythtv/db.py", line 121, in inject_db
                                                result = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/stevemu/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/ui/tvguide.py", line 898, in _renderPrograms
                                                height=chanH)
                                              File "/home/stevemu/.xbmc/addons/script.mythbox/resources/src/mythbox/ui/tvguide.py", line 461, in _addGridCell
                                                alignment=Align.CENTER_Y|Align.TRUNCATED)
                                            TypeError: integer argument expected, got float
Quote:I've discovered (as posted below) that streaming with the Myth protocol in XBMC won't seek correctly. If I switch back to locally mounted recording files, I get commercial skipping and seeking working as expected.

I get this same problem too... on the latest dteirney git source + Mythbox latest dev source.
I've just checked in a fix in XBMC master that should resolve the deadlock with LiveTV for MythTV.

Can someone who is compiling from master update and test. If it works fine, please add a comment to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11384.
compile from XBMC master works - can run LiveTV on Myth 0.24.1

However, still have problem with TV Guide (as above)
Still with issues with buffering while using the Streaming setting.

Is there anyway of patching so that it only uses streaming for LiveTV - but otherwise uses a direct access/share?
sofakng Wrote:I know that MythBox won't play Live TV with Myth 0.24 (not until XBMC Eden), but will it play recorded videos and skip the commercials, etc?

Yes. Just deselect 'Enable Streaming' and make sure you've mounted your storage groups locally.
kartman_canada Wrote:OK... Love Myth... Love MythBox... Love XBMC... Now to get them playing nicely together.

I've discovered (as posted below) that streaming with the Myth protocol in XBMC won't seek correctly. If I switch back to locally mounted recording files, I get commercial skipping and seeking working as expected.

Now, under a locally mounted setup, LiveTV won't stream. I'm running Myth 0.23.1 at the backend and have not moved forward so MythBox would support LiveTV but I've reached a bit of a paradox.

I've been playing with nightly builds of XBMC which are technically early v11 (Eden, no?)... if I upgrade my Myth backend to 0.24 (not reversible) and keep running MythBox 1.0.3 with a very recent nightly, is this a better combo?

I'm looking for some suggestions from others about what combos they've tried and had good results with... I've just not had the time to experiment and the upgrade of Myth is a one-way trip...

Sooooo close...

MythBox + XBMC 10.10 + 0.23 backend + Enable Streaming = Live TV & Recordings
MythBox + XBMC 10.10 + 0.23 backend + Mounted shares = Live TV & Recordings
MythBox + XBMC 10.10 + 0.24 backend + Enable Streaming = Broken
MythBox + XBMC 10.10 + 0.24 backend + Mounted shares = Recordings only

I can't comment on XBMC trunk since things change so quickly.