Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Import/Export Between different flavors of XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a classic XBOX running XBMC (one of the latest build) and an Apple TV too runnning XBMC. Can I export the library from the XBOX XBMX and import it into Apple TV's XBMC? Are there any pitfalls to watch out for?
Should be 100% compatible.
althekiller Wrote:Should be 100% compatible.
I probably did something wrong because I tried to copy the content of the Database folder in /.../userdata/ over to my AppleTV XBMC and it failed to launch. I had to restore it to its original. I also tried to copy the whole userdata folder with the same results.

What exactly do I have to copy/sync?
Are the different installations on comparable revisions?
sho Wrote:Are the different installations on comparable revisions?
XBOX XBMC: XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2
AppleTV XBMC: 8.10 bf1: Atlantis
I suggest trying with Xbox 8.10 proper, although I cannot think of a change that could cause this off the top of my head.
sho Wrote:I suggest trying with Xbox 8.10 proper, although I cannot think of a change that could cause this off the top of my head.

k will try. but what files/folders exactly should be copied over?
the db file minimum, the thumbcache if you want them and perhaps sources.xml
I installed 8.10 proper. I copied over the Database folder, the /Thumbnails/Video folder and sources.xlm
XBMC launches allright, but when I select "Watch your Video" I get a black screen (although I do hear the sound when I press my apple remote). If instead I select "Watch your Movies" it just reboots.
I do not know "Watch your Video/Movies", does the same happen with PMIII or PM3.HD?

PS, if you export to separate nfo files, you will be able to replicate your db except for watched count via a new scan on the secondary machine.
U mean the skin may have something to do with it?
In the method u suggest (export to a separate nfo file) I will loose the thumbs right?
no
Tommasino Wrote:U mean the skin may have something to do with it?
No idea, never used the skin you are using (whatever it is). But it should not.
Tommasino Wrote:In the method u suggest (export to a separate nfo file) I will loose the thumbs right?
As spiff said, no.
Did you bother to look at the link I gave you?
sho Wrote:I do not know "Watch your Video/Movies", does the same happen with PMIII or PM3.HD?

PS, if you export to separate nfo files, you will be able to replicate your db except for watched count via a new scan on the secondary machine.

Thanks sho. I looked at the link.
In my XBOX classic, if I go under video settings and select "Export Video Library", I can only choose the destination folder. However, the link says "XBMC will ask if you want to export to separate or a single file".

So, I went ahead and exported the video library. What I got was a single videodb.xml file (which is why in my previous post I asked if I would loose the thumbs). I then went on the AppleTV and imported the videodb.xml library. This (finally!) worked. I then manually copied the ..\Thumnails\Video folder to the AppleTV, and that too worked!

Thanks for your help! (Now back to my previous topic on the slow apple remote...)
Yes I forgot the separate stuff was introduced after 8.10.
Glad it worked out for you.