Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc playback aborted??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i recently reinstalled xbmc, after fresh install of vista, now its up and running, i ahve gotten round to adding my media of over 100 films, they worked before, however, although the xbox1 running xbmc can see them on the pc(xbmc), i can not get it to play, it keeps saying, 'playlist playback aborted, too many consecutive attempts', so, how can that be if i have only got the one xbox trying to play the movie?

I have checked all shares and they seem to work, saying that it will play sample videos of c drive for some reason?
I am running jesters latest build, and the xboxes are using 9.04 svn build dec 7 08.
Hope that there is an easy solution to this problem that i have been at for 3 hours now!
Thanks for the replys
falafael Wrote:hi, i recently reinstalled xbmc, after fresh install of vista, now its up and running, i ahve gotten round to adding my media of over 100 films, they worked before, however, although the xbox1 running xbmc can see them on the pc(xbmc), i can not get it to play, it keeps saying, 'playlist playback aborted, too many consecutive attempts', so, how can that be if i have only got the one xbox trying to play the movie?

I have checked all shares and they seem to work, saying that it will play sample videos of c drive for some reason?
I am running jesters latest build, and the xboxes are using 9.04 svn build dec 7 08.
Hope that there is an easy solution to this problem that i have been at for 3 hours now!
Thanks for the replys
You have a Memory issue and i will guess you are either using Mediastream or Aeon as your skin? these too skins use far too much memory on xbox.
Have you tried to see if the problem persists when using Pm3 or pm3hd as these too skins by jezz x use sod all memory if it works and you prefer say mediastream then may i suggest you try my liter version download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?zdky2mzzujz as i used to have the same problem as you and now i don'tSmile
hi paul and thanks, have installed the skin, nice by the way, may stick with it, however, again, i can see all my movies, but when i press to play, it says the same thing, playlist playback aborted, too many consecutive failed attempts.

This also happens when i try to access my music collection, i can see them all, but it won't play any of them...
Am a bit puzzles because upto last week, everything ran a treat, i was using the pm3hd skin before as well, so at moment i am at a loss??
Any suggestions....won't be able to access to later, of to work, but thanks
falafael Wrote:hi paul and thanks, have installed the skin, nice by the way, may stick with it, however, again, i can see all my movies, but when i press to play, it says the same thing, playlist playback aborted, too many consecutive failed attempts.

This also happens when i try to access my music collection, i can see them all, but it won't play any of them...
Am a bit puzzles because upto last week, everything ran a treat, i was using the pm3hd skin before as well, so at moment i am at a loss??
Any suggestions....won't be able to access to later, of to work, but thanks
Thanks for the comments on the skin?
I am confused over you not being able to access your music collection, I never had any problems with music only with Tv shows / movies. if the problem persists when using PM3HD
then it can't be a memory issue in my oppinion check to see how much ram you have left just before you try to play a file. also what are you outputting to is it 480 720 or 1080?
Pastebin a debug log?
hi, just in from work, just to let you know, i was still having the same problem, and i have gotten round this problem by having tversity running on the pc, that way the xbox is now pickin up all the movies and music like before!
It will suffice....strange how it works for tversity, but when i try to use xbmc on its own it don't.
Like i said, xbmc and tversity at same time
I had this issue this evening and resolved it just after finding this thread. I tried to navigate to the actual folders via SMB but they wouldn't list, had to set all paths again. Too many consecutive errors as it couldn't access the files.

I have to say that MediaSteam issue just seem to start mounting up as soon as you start getting them, was running fine initially but then it seems all the common errors appear after a few days of using it.

Have taken somebody great advice of cretaing profiles for each skin so I don't have to keep doing all the settings again, this maes it very easy now to see which skin is functioning and if the errors are XBMC related rather than skin issues.