Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hitcher Wrote:I don't think the latest updates made by moby-uk are in the SVN.
They are not. I'm trying to raise the subject to developers attention, at the risk of sounding annoying. Sooner or later it'll be included, I hope.
As Jester's not around, I thought I'd do you an up-to-date build (Rev18565) that includes my latest on the externalplayer patch. This should be the same config as Jester's builds (-PMIII, +SVN Repo Installer 1.4)
moby-uk Wrote:As Jester's not around, I thought I'd do you an up-to-date build (Rev18565) that includes my latest on the externalplayer patch. This should be the same config as Jester's builds (-PMIII, +SVN Repo Installer 1.4)

Big Grin

Many thanks for the updated build. Smooth! BTW, my double exit problem mentioned above is now gone...I'm not sure what did it.

Thanks again!

Big Grin
Hi

Would be nice to have a list of extension in the config file for external player.
And if the extension doesn't exist in this list. => to use the default internal player.

Regards
I installed XBMCSetup-Rev17788-jester-ext.exe to launch VLC using settings in my advancedsettings.xml file. When I select a movie file, press C, select Play Using..., and select External Player, nothing happens.

My advancedsettings.xml file is located in \advanced data\xbmc and has the all the default settings as listed in the beginning of this thread.

Any ideas? I know it's something simple.

(p.s. I even removed the base xbmc appl and installed the -jester-ext file clean but no joy).
HansVDG Wrote:Hi

Would be nice to have a list of extension in the config file for external player.
And if the extension doesn't exist in this list. => to use the default internal player.

Regards

+1

great ideas.
Moby-UK,

Your latest build works ***smooth*** as smooth could be - on my windows PC.
Anyhow...there still is the focus issue on OSX with the current sources. I would also pay a little bounty if you could have a look into that. It's the last thing which kills my pleasure of viewing...

Many thanks for all the work you do for the external player!
Nod
Or could we call the internal player via API.
And integrate this into the little application from zaldwaik ( see prev posts)

Regards
moby-uk Wrote:Just gotta persuade the devs to accept it now Eek

Congratulations on moby-uk's patch have been accepted.
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/18627
Good job moby-uk. You have, I'm sure, made many users happy.

Thank you! Smile
I finally got around to installing Reclock to be used with Zoomplayer. Also set up automatic refresh rate change based on video FPS. It definitely is a lot smoother now, but really couldn't see any difference between dvdplayer and Zoomplayer. But the ability to use ffdshow's scalers and postprocessing is where this comes handy.

I'm still a bit confused about whole audio speedup/processing thing. I use spdif passthrough for audio and Reclock won't be able to do anything with it. But since my display supports 24/50/60hz there shouldn't be any need for it and there shouldn't be any sync issues, right?
Wrong. Read the Readme.rtf that was included with Reclock. There can be sync issues *and* using SPDIF you might have limited capability of correcting them with Reclock. It depends on how close to 24.000Hz your TV actual refresh rate is (or 50.000/60.000).
Reclock gives you that information.
taxigps Wrote:Congratulations on moby-uk's patch have been accepted.
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/18627

never understood how to read this Trac thing. Does this mean I can download the official XBMCLive 8.10.2b1 and that it is integrated there? Or what?
HansVDG Wrote:Or could we call the internal player via API.
And integrate this into the little application from zaldwaik ( see prev posts)

Regards

I am not really sure if there is a way to call the internal player.