Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the looks of it to me you are using the completely wrong playercorefactory bud, you should not edit the one you have at all (contained in the XBMC file in Program files by default). This is why it wont play anything now.

Read the wiki again, you need to create a NEW playercorefactory file located in the userdata folder contained under the XBMC file under "Roaming" in App data.

IE C:\Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata
Grangey. Wrote:From the looks of it to me you are using the completely wrong playercorefactory bud, you should not edit the one you have at all (contained in the XBMC file in Program files by default). This is why it wont play anything now.

Read the wiki again, you need to create a NEW playercorefactory file located in the userdata folder contained under the XBMC file under "Roaming" in App data.

IE C:\Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata

ahh ok

so i should not replace it then lol...

Where can i get the original file? I have seem to lost it/overwriten it :/
lol no, undo all changes youve done to that one, and make sure xbmc acts as it should do.

only then, start the new playercorefactory in the right place lol
Grangey. Wrote:lol no, undo all changes youve done to that one, and make sure xbmc acts as it should do.

only then, start the new playercorefactory in the right place lol

Ok manage to get it back movies are playing now.

I have then made a new file that looks like this:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
  <rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC">
    <rule filetypes="mp4" player="MPC">
  </rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I placed it in the roaming/xbmc/userdata/

But when i start playing files in xbmc its start playing in the normal player.
cant see why (assuming you saved it as an xml), go to the wiki and directly copy that playercorefactory ie the

"<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
"
one (dont take it from my post). Then simply change only what i have put in bold, and there should be no reason it doesnt work (change the 720p to .mkv).

If that still doesnt work you need to run a debug.

Or do what i did, save that xml elsewhere, uninstall and reinstall xbmc and place the playercorefactory back in where it was. this solved my problem.

Also, the location of the external player- make sure this is valid by copying it and pasting it into your web browser and if the player pops up then the location is good, if not then change it accordingly
Grangey. Wrote:cant see why (assuming you saved it as an xml), go to the wiki and directly copy that playercorefactory ie the

"<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
"
one (dont take it from my post). Then simply change only what i have put in bold, and there should be no reason it doesnt work (change the 720p to .mkv).

If that still doesnt work you need to run a debug.

Or do what i did, save that xml elsewhere, uninstall and reinstall xbmc and place the playercorefactory back in where it was. this solved my problem.

Also, the location of the external player- make sure this is valid by copying it and pasting it into your web browser and if the player pops up then the location is good, if not then change it accordingly

That worked. Dunno why... But when this opens i dont like that it actually opens it. and i need to use the mouse to close it when i stop. Is there some way for me to use the old XBMC buttons?

The reason for me wanting to use external player is that i run 60fps script in ffdshow, and i can't seem to find out how i can edit ffdshow for the integrated dvdplayer in xbmc...
youre now asking a completely different and very technical question which i have no idea on im afraid and probably isnt relevant for this thread. the point in this thread was to enable you to launch an external player from it. If you are using a remote then simply map it better to your player so you can press a button to close it etc not the mouse. thats What I do for TMT
Hi !

First of all, I am an absolute beginner in xbmc.

I have searched on google and this forum for many hours without understanding how to do.

I would need the following:

when I press on my blu-ray iso file in xbmc, I would like it to automatically mount in daemon tools and then automatically playe in the external program TotalMedia Theatre 5.

but I only want to use TotalMedia Theatre 5 for bd.iso files.

I'm using XBMC 10.0 (Dharma).

would be greatly appreciated if someone could write a simple step by step guide so that I can fix this, that even a total beginner as I can understand.Smile

Regrds
Johan
N00b here guys....ive tried just about everything to get this to work. For a while there it just kept loading my files in the default xbmc player, but after playing with it for a while, ive gotten it to at least try to open MPC. But when it does I get a pop up error from what looks like MPC:

"Unrecognized switch(es) found in command line string: "

Then it lists the path to my MPC.exe file and the movie file im trying to load. After that it lists a whole bunch of commands I can perform (not sure where though). My only option on the pop up is to hit ok and MPC closes and the movie doesn't start.

Ive tried googling, but have not been able to find a solution. I can open the mkv files outside of XBMC in MPC just fine and everything works fine.

Any thoughts?
Hello! please help me
what rule must be, to play files with DTS-HD MA audio via external player?
No rule required - hand off playback to the external player and ensure that external codecs (ffdshow and relevant player) are set-up correctly. The rule doesn't dictate the playback characteristics, the external player and codecs do.
steelman1991
is it the only way?
what if i want play via external player only files with HD audio? I thought i can use something like <rule audiocodec="dts"
Godfazzer Wrote:steelman1991
is it the only way?
what if i want play via external player only files with HD audio? I thought i can use something like <rule audiocodec="dts"

I have my playercorefactory.xml set up to play all of my m2ts files with MPC. I used the example here:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/06/...r-in-xbmc/

According to the external player wiki you can add a codec rule (As of r23190), check it out here (about two thirds of the way down the page):

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback

I haven't done that myself but hope that's helpful.
Godfazzer Wrote:steelman1991
is it the only way?
Sorry my bad thought you were enquiring about audio playback in general, not specifically the HD Codecs and presumably using the built-in player for everything else.

As per jdawgs link, looks like it can be achieved, unfortunately haven't tried it, sorry.
Hello, i use dvbviewer and xbmc combo, i open all .ts files to dvbviewer and when i change back to xbmc, i just send to dvbviewer "no audio/video" command. I don't never close dvbviewer.

Offcourse now xbmc can't see when external player playpack is finished and i see that "press ok when playback is finished" popup. Is there any command what i can use with playercorefactory? Do not wait player or something. Or "extarnal player is stopped" command what i can use with eventghost.

And is xbmc any "no audio/video" command? Now i just send home and stop command, when i quick change dvbviewer.