Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using DVDPlayer by default, but in somes special cases, I'd like to use ExternalPlayer. So I'd like to map it with a special key. Is there an internal command like "XBMC.ExternalPlayer" to do so?
Jester Wrote:you need the build with the patch....
XBMCSetup-Rev17097-ext.exe

But it works by choosing Play With..., just not as default player.

Also, I thought external player was now part of the svn and required no special build.
Will a remote still work with external player. I'm using Zoom Player.
role2682 Wrote:Will a remote still work with external player. I'm using Zoom Player.

It will if you set it up. Just setup eventghost to work with zoomplayer and you will have no problems.
nugentgl Wrote:It will if you set it up. Just setup eventghost to work with zoomplayer and you will have no problems.

Will any usb IR work with my harmony 890?

I have a logitech S510 media remote, would this be better or should I try The 890 with usb IR.

The S 510 use RF and the harmony 890 can transmitt RF, Is there anyway to use the 890 with the S 510 desktop reciever?

Sorry if this is not the correct section for this for this post.
nugentgl Wrote:But it works by choosing Play With..., just not as default player.

Also, I thought external player was now part of the svn and required no special build.

part of it is, part of it (the part you quote ) isn't
so, like I said, use the build I mentioned and test again.....
role2682 Wrote:Will any usb IR work with my harmony 890?

I have a logitech S510 media remote, would this be better or should I try The 890 with usb IR.

The S 510 use RF and the harmony 890 can transmitt RF, Is there anyway to use the 890 with the S 510 desktop reciever?

Sorry if this is not the correct section for this for this post.

I use the standard MCE usb ir dongle with my Harmony One and it works like a champ. Sorry, not sure about the S510.
Jester Wrote:part of it is, part of it (the part you quote ) isn't

I will probably just wait until the issues are worked out before proceeding as I am in no big hurry.
Jester Wrote:part of it is, part of it (the part you quote ) isn't
Some update on where works are? Smile Just to help us wait. Smile
ashlar Wrote:Some update on where works are? Smile Just to help us wait. Smile

building an updated (against the SVN) version now....no new features (yet...)
Upped updated build with patch

XBMCSetup-Rev17261-jester-ext.exe
dvds still default internally
and externalplayer doesn't launch anything
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:dvds still default internally
and externalplayer doesn't launch anything

the dvd thing we know...old news

externalplayer works fine, saying that "doesn't launch anything" doesnt really help us with your problem....
Jester Wrote:the dvd thing we know...old news

externalplayer works fine, saying that "doesn't launch anything" doesnt really help us with your problem....

xbmc refuses to launch the external player, it just doesn't do anything. Checked the files and directories multiple times (trying to launch media player classic). Didn't have a single problem with launching using the december builds, FWIW.
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:xbmc refuses to launch the external player, it just doesn't do anything. Checked the files and directories multiple times (trying to launch media player classic). Didn't have a single problem with launching using the december builds, FWIW.
You need to post logs if you need significant help (beyond standard program usage).