Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: couple features I cannot find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

First - Great job on this skin, it is awesome and very smooth.

I just started using the skin a couple days ago and have been playing with settings and features.

A couple things I cannot find or how to turn on is

exit XBMC from the shutdown menu

dvd eject.

Thanks,

Dave
Hey Dave, as for the "exit xbmc" from the shutdown menu, I see it in my menu... Are you using the modded MediaStream skin? Maybe that one doesn't have the "exit" button?
Shuey Wrote:Hey Dave, as for the "exit xbmc" from the shutdown menu, I see it in my menu... Are you using the modded MediaStream skin? Maybe that one doesn't have the "exit" button?

Hey Shuey,

I am using .97 SVN R1414. How do I update it?

Thanks,

Dave
I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not familiar at all with updating the xbmc builds Sad. I literally just discovered xbmc about a week ago and have been using the current stable release 8.10, codenamed Atlantis.

If you get it figured out though, I'd definitely like to hear back from ya on how you did it Smile
Shuey Wrote:I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not familiar at all with updating the xbmc builds Sad. I literally just discovered xbmc about a week ago and have been using the current stable release 8.10, codenamed Atlantis.

If you get it figured out though, I'd definitely like to hear back from ya on how you did it Smile

I just downloaded the latest version 1.0 from the website and ftp'd it to my xbmc machine to my dwnld directory.

Then I copied it to the Mediastream folder overwriting what was already there.

once you have copied it to your machine then simply.

my scenario is

cd home/xbmc/install/MediaStream

....MediaStream #$ sudo cp -rf * /usr/share/xbmc/skin/MediaStream

This will copy the new files in and overwrite the old then just setup via appearance. I am now running 1.0 but still no exit xbmc in the power menu.

Dave
Doh! Linux =S. I'm even MORE ignorant when it comes to Linux =\.

Glad to hear you got it working though Smile
Try updateing xbmc
paul Wrote:Try updateing xbmc

Just built with the latest SVN and installed ver. 1.0 and still no exit xbmc.

Dave
Try "s" Shutdown.
Look into your keymap.xml if you want to now the buttons and functions off them.Wink

Edit :

"End" Should also shutdown XBMC.
And on Home page Power On/Off.
Waffa Wrote:Try "s" Shutdown.
Look into your keymap.xml if you want to now the buttons and functions off them.Wink

Edit :

"End" Should also shutdown XBMC.
And on Home page Power On/Off.

Waffa,

I have from the pwr on/off menu

shutdown - which I have set to suspend in the system menu
restart
suspend
hibernate

in pm3.hd we have a exit xbmc to get back to the shell and that is the button I am looking for. Are you saying I can change this with Keymap.xml

Dave
rodercot Wrote:Waffa,

in pm3.hd we have a exit xbmc to get back to the shell and that is the button I am looking for. Are you saying I can change this with Keymap.xml

Dave

Don't now what you mean with back to shell. Which Button was it in PMIII ?
Probably, no problem to set this function With keymap.xml, if I knew what you mean.