Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraper Issues w/ Latest SVN builds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe I'm the only one noticing this, but it seems the latest daily SVN builds are having scraper issues. The first build I compiled on or about Jan 8th indexed all my movies without issue (using IMDB). However, the latest build that I compiled (Jan 18) couldn't find about half of my movies, and manually renaming was no help. Maybe I'm doing something differenly this time, but damned if I know what it is.

Edit: Also, tv show information is pretty bad, too. I had to use 3 different scrapers to index my shows, and it still couldn't find House...
I believe that the IMDB scraper has been disabled/removed and the new default scraper for movies is themoviedb.org. I found that in the Set Content, that it was set to none, so I had to manually change it movies and then select themoviedb.org as the scraper. It picked up all my movies except for a couple Abbott & Costeello ones that I had to create NFO's for until I can add them to the database on the site.
I will have a look at this as i think this may be the fix for my issue
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43856
Well in part but the largest part.

If this works, sorry xbmc team, i did search for the answer but this was posted while i was typing my update :-)
yep that fixed it. using TMDb and all is well.
Yes, I'd been using TMdb, but I find it to be much less useful/complete than IMDB. I don't suppose anyone would be willing to point out how to reenable it in the source code? I searched, but couldn't find anything specific.

[Edit: Never mind. It's been pointed out to me that the code was just commented out. Easy fix.]
fasteddy Wrote:Yes, I'd been using TMdb, but I find it to be much less useful/complete than IMDB. I don't suppose anyone would be willing to point out how to reenable it in the source code? I searched, but couldn't find anything specific.

If you create NFOs containg a IMDB link in every movie folder, the scraper will work again. (magic)
It's an easy fix. Have a look at what changed in system\scrapers\video\imdb.xml
I had to restore /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video/imdb.xml from 8.10 to use the imdb scraper again.
tim_wang Wrote:I had to restore /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video/imdb.xml from 8.10 to use the imdb scraper again.

Well, as I noted above, you just need to uncomment the xml files.
Excuse me if I sound off here, but why exactly was the IMDB scraper disabled in the first place?
hikaricore Wrote:Excuse me if I sound off here, but why exactly was the IMDB scraper disabled in the first place?

legal issues, there are some other threads you might want to read.
Ah I hadn't seen any other threads besides this one when I noticed it the other day.

I've looked through them now and see what the problem is.