Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange issue with HDMI audio p5n7a-vm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am experiencing a strange issue when sending audio over hdmi to either my reciever or my screen using xbmc live.

I have followed all of the guides and have been partially successful in getting this working, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a similiar issue.

In my audio hardware settings i have selected both ac3 and dts support. When I play a video file with either sound format I get just digital scrambled noises. If i deselect ac3 the dts track plays fine. If i deselct dts the ac3 track plays fine. Everything works fine over spdif connected via an optical cable.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
thomas9992 Wrote:I am experiencing a strange issue when sending audio over hdmi to either my reciever or my screen using xbmc live.

I have followed all of the guides and have been partially successful in getting this working, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a similiar issue.

In my audio hardware settings i have selected both ac3 and dts support. When I play a video file with either sound format I get just digital scrambled noises. If i deselect ac3 the dts track plays fine. If i deselct dts the ac3 track plays fine. Everything works fine over spdif connected via an optical cable.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

you do have your settings - sytem - audio settings set to this

digital
dd on
dts on
hdmi
hdmi

Dave