Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATI=Tearing with v-sync?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I have a ATI HD 3450 256mo
But I'm not able to make work rignt. I have some terrible tearing without vsync enable and when I try to enable v-sync fps drop to 15fps and I still have tearing. I tried with catalyst 8.12 compiled by myself following a guide on ubuntu wiki. My spec are on my signature. Thanks in advance.

edit: by the way, I have a Nvidia 8400GS with no tearing but audio sync with my screen is terrible in 24fps and with the Raadeon 3450 audio sync is perfect, but i've got tearing....
With my ATI HD 3200 I have vsync off in xbmc but vsync enabled (fully) using the catalyst control panel. Tearing has gone and everything works fine except for the dreadfull 1" underscan (which I'm hopeing is fixed in the next release)

Chris
Thank you! I've search for "Best Driver" "Catalyst Version" "HD4200 XBMC" "ATI XBMC" ect. nothing worked until I found this thread and low and behold after all the driver changes, reboots, and on, and on, until this thread. This was my fix for video tearing that made everything unwatchable. I don't know maybe just toggeling the V-Sync fixes it.

Update: It was the full screen window setting that fixed it. running in window rather then true full screen fixed the pixilation and tearing that was constant prior.
What is the "screen window setting"?