Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can you get smooth playback with 60Hz display?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am seriously considering building a 1080p XBMC system but I am worried about video playback. Will I be able to get totally smooth playback on a 60Hz Smasung DLP RPTV?
RockDawg Wrote:I am seriously considering building a 1080p XBMC system but I am worried about video playback. Will I be able to get totally smooth playback on a 60Hz Smasung DLP RPTV?

I have a 60hz sony and an ATI 4650, and am reasonably satisfied with the smoothness. I still think WMP has better 3:2 pulldown, but FFMPEG does a decent enough job.

I do notice a difference if I play the same video with WMP (or my PS3) vs XBMC, but the XBMC content is certainly watchable. It can be made to look even better with XBMC if I choose software rendering and turn on upscaling, but those options don't play well with HD content on my system.

I've been running XBMC for a couple months now, and am very happy I built the Media PC. I'm hoping that in the future all these smart folks will find a way to improve the smoothness for those of us with 60hz displays, so that it looks as good as it possibly can.

Dave
I've also got a 60hz display going, and I don't notice any problem with playback...