Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where do I place advancedsettings.xml?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have XBMC running on XBOX and Windows no problem. A friend with a MAC is in town and I'm trying to show him how great XBMC is. So he has it running we got movies going and all that but cannot scan TV show episode information. I copied my advancedsettings.xml from the XBOX over to his computer. Episode scanning works with it I know, I also used it on my Windows install. So unless the mac requires some different formatting I just don't know where to place it. Currently it is under /users/library/application support/xbmc/userdata Is that the correct spot?

Thanks
Yes, that is the correct spot. Make sure you have a nice up to date build on your buddies Mac, and do a debug log if things don't work as they should.
sorry, wrong thread
So here is the log. I know nothing about Macs and this is proving to be a frustrating experience just navigating its file system

http://pastebin.com/m16fd8ea7

Thanks again

Edited:
I'm not sure his naming scheme is consistent with the proper formatting so I also linked it to my shows but in neither case do the episodes show up.
It's picking the episodes up fine. I suspect whatever you have in tvshow.nfo is not consistent with the build you are using.

i.e. it has no information whatsoever about each episode. That the scan took only 4 seconds is also indication that it had no info on each of the episodes.

Try killing off the tvshow.nfo files (or rename 'em out of the way) and see if it hits thetvdb for the episode guide.

Cheers,
Jonathan