Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I tell XBMC to ignore certain files by regex?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using & loving XBMC on my AppleTV. Thanks to the whole dev team for a great tool.

Since the AppleTV can't play .mkv's (well), I'm using VisualHub to transcode them to MP4. But I have a problem.

While VisualHub is transcoding, the work-in-progress filename is set to original-filename.temp.mp4. Then when it's done, it renames it to original-filename.mp4.

My problem is that if my XBMC library gets updated while a transcode is in progress, the library picks up the .temp.mp4 file, which later ceases to exist. Then later it helpfully goes ahead and picks up the final .mp4 file, creating a duplicate library entry. Even better, only one of the entries is actually valid (because the other file doesn't exist), so I have to manually figure out which is which and remove one. Angry

Is there a way to prevent XBMC from indexing certain files, say, if they match a given regex? In this example, I want XBMC to ignore any files that match /\.temp\.mp4$/ when scanning for new library content. I've Googled it to death and traipsed through the config files and came up empty.
See
<excludefromscan> & <excludefromlisting>

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...3Cvideo.3E

It only works in builds after 8.10 - Atlantis
Great, that's exactly what I wanted. I'm sure I was on that page before but just didn't find the info.

Thanks!