Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TheTVDB.com Scraper absolute_number for Anime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi everyone ...

As I posted somewhere else in here, I tryied to code a scraper for anidb.net, but I couldn't find an easy way to do it ....

But I found that TheTVDB had nearly anything I needed for my Animes ... except that, for example, Naruto was tagged with around 10 Season, whereas my files are tagged as a single season of 220 episodes ....

I found (and read here) that TVDB was providing "absolute_number" which could fit nicely my needs ...

So I modified thetvdb.xml to add an parameter "Force Single Season (use absolute_number)" which returns to XBMC that all episodes gathered from TVdb are in Season 1 and uses absolute_number ...

And it works fine Wink

Shall I post it here or give it to someone to commit the changes after tests ?

Or anything else ? Wink

PS : I just need some final changes to allow Single Season Animes to responds normally when The "Force Single Season switch" is active, but that's just for lazy people like me :p

NB : Sorry for the ceretificate warning if it happens for the picture Wink
Of course this means that your anime episodes should be named "S01Exx" Wink

But that is really easy ! Or at least easier than going to rename as every seasons in tvdb.
trac please. and this is awesome Smile

the option should be named 'Use Absolute Ordering' though.

also it should be fairly simple to hack episode-only expressions in there (to avoid the renaming)
Please pardon my ignorance ... the url of xbmc trac ? Wink
cleverly hidden as

xbmc.org/trac

;P
ok found the url :p so dumb on friday evening Wink
Wow ... err ... i'll search how to add asap ... because I have to go to a concert right now ... but normally before tomorrow it should be available (as soon as I'll know how to use trac ... I use subversion a lot, but never really used trac :p )
basically CVideoInfoScanner::EnumerateSeriesFolder

you need a new set of expressions that is to be run if all others fail
Ok ... Patch submitted to TRAC :
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5804

I merged the changes from revision I had missed
I changed the option name to "Use Absolute Numbering"
And Commented the code within the xml.

Wink
r17482
Quick question, how does this effect "Specials" Episodes that are named S0Exx, because those do not have absolute numbers, but are within the same folder?
afaik nothing change wrt to specials...
I just checked, Special episodes are ignored, so when adding by absolute number, Season 0 episodes are not added to the library. Is there any way to add them?
Well ... This is my next part of "the plan" :p

I want that when in absolute_number mode, the episodes without absolute_number should be returned with thier usual season numbers. Instead of being ignored.

Which should mean S0Exx and S01xxx should be available ...

I'll keep up asap !
acaranta Wrote:Well ... This is my next part of "the plan" :p

I want that when in absolute_number mode, the episodes without absolute_number should be returned with thier usual season numbers. Instead of being ignored.

Which should mean S0Exx and S01xxx should be available ...

I'll keep up asap !

Sweet. I dont know if you read my comment before you posted that, but if you did then... alright I contributed a little to xbmc Smile

If not then Sad

But thanks for the Great work absolute numbering was a much needed addition to the scraper (i'm surprised it wasn't in there before)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6