Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jump to a specific section in movies/music library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It says this:

"You want a button in your skin or on your remote taking you directly to the movie listing you let that button do"

here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

I want to put a button that takes me to (MyMusicLibrary,genres) without reloading the window.

Tried just using (genres) and w/e else I could think of, but nothing I tried works.
ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Genres) should work no problems. Note, no spaces anywhere around the ,

(I might have to go and add in a trimming routine for this type of stuff)
And that is what I'm using...I was just wondering if there was a way to do it w/o telling XBMC to refresh the window, as I'd be jumping from genre to title to artist, and don't want the fanart to reload automatically.

But, I was already thinking of a way to keep it the same between window transitions, so I may just use that. If there's something that doesn't actually reload whole page, that would be cool too...
Try Container.Refresh(_path_you_want_).

Unfortunately you won't be able to use the Genres as a path - you'll have to use the actual musicdb://1/ URL (I think that's what it is at least - check your debug log)

Cheers
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Try Container.Refresh(_path_you_want_).

Unfortunately you won't be able to use the Genres as a path - you'll have to use the actual musicdb://1/ URL (I think that's what it is at least - check your debug log)

Cheers
Jonathan

Neat. Thank you. As long as I can say "point here" from the same window, I'm happy.