Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Thanks for the info! I'm pretty confident that it's going to find its way into the CVS. Though built-in support for streamdev would be more interesting for our usage, since the actual VDR patch is only one line.

Is there anyone in contact with the streamdev author?
I asked Klaus 2 weeks ago if he could include the patch in upstream. He replied that it will go into vdr 1.7.5 Smile
I also contacted the streamdev guys, but no reply yet
(I hope I found/used the right email-adress Smile )
Hi!
Is possible to make patch for vdr to xbmc-vdpau?
Thanks!
xbmc-svn18100-pvr.patch work with xbmc-vdpau svn18100.
Big Grin
Thanks! I try all but not that Smile
Although the VDPAU branch is under heavy development, so I guess you'll be better off waiting for the next version of the VDR patch. Or you merge the rejects manually (I don't know how many there are with the latest VDPAU revision, but I guess it's manageable).
I try that, but in dvdplayer (now I don't remember which file) is one reject difficult to merge.
Maybe I will try again tomorrow but I don't know if this have sense.
I ask for this patch becouse vdpau branch realy decrease cpu load from 60% to 1-10%.
Thanks for help.
First off all i wanna says Thanks Smile
I tried XBMC for the first time and i had allot of problems with one of my computers, Its a Dell Optiplex GX620 Pentium D 2,8GHZ with Intel 940GM, running just xbmc makes this computer scream and cpu is like 60-70 % and playing a video or watching sdtv channels the cpu is 100%. I don't have any problem with mythtv or vdr running on this computer its a very tiny computer perfect for htpc.

I tried it on my main computer Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2,4GHZ with Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT. Works perfectly fine way better than mythtv and windows mce although i used xbmc-vdpau. I tested h264 1080p, VC1 720p, WMV3 720p and live sdtv no problem at all, i haven't tested live hdtv yet because since i upgraded to vdr 1.7.4 i can't seem to receive hdtv channels i think the problem is my channels.conf.

One more downside with xbmc-vdr and this is really important, i use vdr-sc plugin which is software cam emulator to decrypt some channels and when i tune to channels decrypted by vdr-sc i get channel blocked i think since am not sitting beside my computer right now.
skrzyp Wrote:I try that, but in dvdplayer (now I don't remember which file) is one reject difficult to merge.
Maybe I will try again tomorrow but I don't know if this have sense.
I ask for this patch becouse vdpau branch realy decrease cpu load from 60% to 1-10%.
Thanks for help.

Hi!

You can use this patch with xbmc-vdpau up to revision 18245, all you have to do is cd to your xbmc dir and svn up -r 18245 apply the patch and compile Smile
decaturguy Wrote:First off all i wanna says Thanks Smile
I tried XBMC for the first time and i had allot of problems with one of my computers, Its a Dell Optiplex GX620 Pentium D 2,8GHZ with Intel 940GM, running just xbmc makes this computer scream and cpu is like 60-70 % and playing a video or watching sdtv channels the cpu is 100%. I don't have any problem with mythtv or vdr running on this computer its a very tiny computer perfect for htpc.
Never mind about this, i updated to revision 18188 and the problem is fixed..
I tried even playing 1080p ts file and it plays just fine with cpu load of 75-85 % and my system is very stable now.
For those who are interested the highest revision you can use with this patch is 18188 and with xbmc-vdpau is revision 18245.
javoxg Wrote:Done!

Can you Add atsc support in your repos and possibly the VDR-admin plugin also. Do your packages already support VDPAU. VDR rocks looking forward to 1.74-1.75 VDR

Thanks for all the hard work.

snakeman
I see that xbmc-svn18100-pvr.patch.gz have errors in sql for EPG. After each run xbmc new (existing) events are added. After few restarts I have many this same EPG events in list. Another thing, that updating EPG with list of 150 channels take very long time and hangs xbmc.

I check sources and find that there only InsertEPG used, no update or checking if event exist.

Another thing - maybe like in mms better will be getting epg directly from vdr, it works very fast.
decaturguy Wrote:One more downside with xbmc-vdr and this is really important, i use vdr-sc plugin which is software cam emulator to decrypt some channels and when i tune to channels decrypted by vdr-sc i get channel blocked i think since am not sitting beside my computer right now.

Check the "5. Known Problems" of streamdev README if it helps.
Hello,
I made an install as explained in the first post on a fresh Ubuntu 8.10 32bits, with a HVR4000. vdr is running and I can see live TV with vdr-xine plugin and xine. (I did not manage to have xineliboutput working, I had no image, and seg fault when switching channel). Streamdev is also running, and I can see live TV in a browser on http://myip:3000.
I have the TV menu in xbmc, I configured it with the right IP and port = 3000.
When I switch to live TV in xbmc, it locks for a few seconds and then I have an error that streamdev is not compatible, and a second message that it can not connect to the PVR server. In the xbmc log, I see that it search at http://myip:47115, that it can't find. I tried to configure streamdev to use the port 47115 instead of 3000, then I don't have the first message anymore about incompatible streamdev, but only about it can't connect.
If I try to (re)apply the patch (I though I maybe forgot to do it) to streamdev, I get a message that the patch is already applied.

any idea ?

thanks,

sp

ps : I forgot to mention, at installation time I can remember that I have to manually change something about the vdr-extension patch nr. Can't remember of it was from 67 to 66, or 67 to 68.
hi can any one help i have been trying to get vdr to install in ubuntu 8.10 32 & 64 bit but get the same problems in each one the first problem is this

Checked out revision 18042.
vdr@rich-desktop:~/src$ cd ffmpeg
vdr@rich-desktop:~/src/ffmpeg$ ./configure --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-swscale --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid
Unknown option "--enable-swscale".
See ./configure --help for available options.
vdr@rich-desktop:~/src/ffmpeg$ make
Makefile:1: config.mak: No such file or directory
libavdevice/Makefile:1: libavdevice/../config.mak: No such file or directory
libavformat/Makefile:1: libavformat/../config.mak: No such file or directory
libavcodec/Makefile:1: libavcodec/../config.mak: No such file or directory
libavutil/Makefile:1: libavutil/../config.mak: No such file or directory
libswscale/Makefile:1: libswscale/../config.mak: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `libswscale/../config.mak'. Stop.
vdr@rich-desktop:~/src/ffmpeg$

the second problem is this

checking for FFMPEG... configure: error: Package requirements (libavcodec >= 51.68.0) were not met:

Requested 'libavcodec >= 51.68.0' but version of libavcodec is 51.50.0

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FFMPEG_CFLAGS
and FFMPEG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

Thanks
hitman936
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39