Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC ignores my nfo files! :mad:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried so many times to get this working and read so many posts before coming here for help. I'm about to start throwing things!
Ok, everything is set up and installed. I'm running the latest version of XBMC for a Mac V10.5.6 (Leopard).
I have 3 DivX movies on there at the moment as I begin to build up my movie collection. One of which (and the reason for this post is the movie 'Taken'.
Now, I have correctly configured XBMC to lookup and download the cover art. It has done this, all is well except for the fact that the cover art is in Japanese. Not a problem, I've fixed that by going into the context menu and selecting the proper UK cover for the movie. Now, the movie description, call me a perfectionist, but, well, ok I am, and I want the plot to be in English English rather than the broken English that it's pulled from the IMDB.
I have read that if I put an *.nfo file in the movie directory, XBMC will not query the IMDB site and get the plot info and the supplied jpeg from that directory.
I have used Media Companion on my Windows box to pull down the correct cover art and I've rewritten the plot into English and saved it to the taken.nfo file. I have confirmed that these updates were applied to the nfo file. I have put the files created by Media Companion into the Taken folder but XBMC is still querying the IMDB site and ignoring the information I have in the nfo file. The folder structure looks like this:

~/movies/Taken/

Within that directory is Taken.avi, Taken.nfo, Taken.tbn and Taken.jpg (this is the cover art and what I want as the backdrop)

Now, I was under the impression that if I have the required files in the movie directory then it wouldn't query the IMDB database. I don't want to switch off the automatic querying as I don't want to manually do this for every movie, just the ones that cause a problem.
So, why is XBMC ignoring the fact that I have supplied it with the info it needs and still looking for it's own?

Solving this could save my sanity! Wink

Thanks!
Make sure the filenames match in a case-sensitive manner.

Other than that, remove the movie from your db, and rescan whilst debug logging is enabled. Grab the log file and post to pastebin
If you've already added a movie to your library, xbmc doesn't look for any changes you've added after the fact. It all got sucked into its database and it won't scan that folder again.

You either need to edit the xbmc database (with SQLiteSpy for example) and make your change there or have all your files in place (properly named) and remove the movie from xbmc and do an update.

If you've done this, post your logs like jmarshall said.

btw, I use Taken-fanart.jpg for my backgrounds which comes out of media companion in case you have backdrop problems.
hello noob here i keep getting the same it wont read the nfos i created with movie info plus i am using the alantis build 8.10 that you download for windows on the xbmc homepage i have pasted the log file at http://pastebin.com/m10340f02
i am using ifo and bup files one per folder e.g.
E:\My Dvd Collection\DVD Films\Enchanted\VIDEO_TS.IFO with all the nfos in each folder named exactly same as the film i have read a few posts now that seem the be having the same problem with no resolution sorry if i missed anything out as i say i only found this proggy 5 days ago so i am a noob