Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC hanging after a network failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have read all I could find about similar problems, but none had helped. I have replicated the same issue on ATV and Windows XP Pro SP2. The problem seems to be related to the SMB client, but also to streaming from Shoutcast and other sources.
If it is playing a file from a SMB mount like smb://192.168.200.4/media/... and there is a problem with the network and the connectivity (I unplugged the network cable to isolate the problem) to the share is lost, it will get the player will lock into a loop playing a chunk (maybe what's in the buffer).
After inserting the cable back, the play will not resume (if the share is mounted like a local drive on windows the play resumes flawless), the processor will get 100% used (I'm testing on a Core 2 duo) and.... that's it. You can still navigate the menus for a short while, but eventually it will come to a complete freeze.
Trying to stop the player will freeze it for sure.
It's very annoying because I have to reset the ATV by unplugging it, and I managed to hide it so beautiful behind my lcd display...