Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: multimage background not working anymore on home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are copy and pastes from Tim and I's initial thread in the background section. Im bringing it over here so maybe we can get some assistance on it. Thanks everyone.

SlaveUnit -
"Heya Tim,
I think your home.xml file is based on the Mediastream 1.0 version (the one you posted a while back in this thread). Is that correct? If so I was wondering if you happen to be running the Mediastream SVN. I see the home.xml file is a bit different. It look like images are chopped up into 3s? Maybe I am way off but it definately has some positive changes such as when you hit escape from the system settings there is no more flicker etc. Anyways my question is if you are running the SVN version of Mediastream can you post your home.xml file so I can see how you were able to intergrate your changing weather backgrounds? Thanks."

timdog82001 -
"i don't have one that works with the current svn at the moment because the latest svn of mediastream doesn't seem to work quite right with multiimages which I use for some of the home page. I don't know if its actually an xbmc problem or what, but even after a clean install of xbmc and mediastream all my multiimages show the left 1/3 of the default image over the top of my multiimages. I was sort of waiting for them to fix that. So, as soon as that gets working again I plan to update my mediastream and I could upload that file then....

Do any of you guys use multiimages on the home page of mediastream? I want to make sure I'm not alone here with this bug. "

These are taken from posts #72-75 in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post285829
Well it kinda helped. But I think this "issue" is skin related. I dont know if you can really call it a skin issue or just I have no idea what Im doing issue. But the way the home.xml is has thrown me off a bit the way the weather image is now divided up into sections. So to get a multiimage going I have no clue. I have spent a few days on it and havent had any luck. I can replace the home.xml with the 1.0 version and it works fine. But I see the when you esc from system settings in SVN there isnt a flicker anymore and Id like to keep that and any other imprements made on the SVN.

Keep in mind I have no idea how to code. Just kinda picking and changing things to see if they work at all.
Kind of. But not really. I think its something on the XBMC side of things because I can't imagine how anything in the skinning side of things could cause this but who knows. It's quite strange....The basic issue is that the leftmost 1/3 of the default image appears over the top of the multiimages when using a custom background folder. If I delete the guisettings.xml and start from scratch, and redo all the settings, everything shows up fine again. Then after a little while, the problem returns...very strange.