Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Update skipping locally stored .nfo and .tbn files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Jesters 18004 build. I was previously using the jester 17522 build and whenever I hit scan for new content it would quickly scan my media folder first for any .nfo and .tbn files I have already setup in place with xbmc media companion. I was having the occasional xbmc has failed to load error with this build and I would have to just restore the guisettings.xml file from a backup every once in a while so I decided to update to the latest jester build. now when I try to scan for new content on my media folders the scan is taking HOURS instead of minutes (well over 1000+ video files) this is usually an indication that its scraping anew from IMDB instead of using the .nfo's I already have. is there a way to force it to scan my local files for the .nfo's 1st using some tag in the advancedsettings.xml file or whatever? having all my .nfo's and .tbn's stored locally greatly speeds up the library update function after installing new builds!

quick recap to make sense of my rambling: worked fine in jesters 17522...doesnt work fine in 18004! thanks in advance!
update: turns out I can scan my tv shows with no problem. it finds the .nfo and tbns for all my episodes and finishes the scan in about 5 minutes. so I know the build is scanning correctly but the problem seems to be my movies collection. I have all my movies organized like this.....

Example.avi
Example.nfo
Example.tbn

all movies in the same root folder. now for some reason it just seems like its scanning forever but if I look at the movies library it has actually added about a dozen movies....but it named them ALL Serenity and gave them all info from the movie serenity. it did pick the correct thumbails for all of them though...weird any help would be greatly appreciated.

(tried to go back to the old build I was using before and even it wont scan my movies right anymore! CRAP)
Post a debug log.
Nvm all that it turns out I had a rouge file in my movies folder! Mymovies.xml was created by my dumbass installing My Movies, a movie organizing plugin for win MCE. It didn't work and it turned out I never tried a library update untill after I installed the 18004 jester build...lesson learned. Stick to XBMC!