Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get new Atlantis on my XBMC and can XBMC Recognize External Hardrive question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
two QuestionsHuh 1. I have the latest build from T3CH but I dont know how to upgrade to Atlantis 8.1 I may even have it and dont know. How do I go about installing it without losing my precious scripts and settings?

2. Also and Can I run an external 3.5 hard drive by plugging its USB connection directly into my AT&T Uverse Gateway modem? I see a USB connection on the back of it.
proudTSUalum Wrote:two QuestionsHuh 1. I have the latest build from T3CH but I dont know how to upgrade to Atlantis 8.1 I may even have it and dont know. How do I go about installing it without losing my precious scripts and settings?

2. Also and Can I run an external 3.5 hard drive by plugging its USB connection directly into my AT&T Uverse Gateway modem? I see a USB connection on the back of it.

1. There are several possibilities to install XBMC. I have altered my M8 Bios so that boot order is: 1st=DVD-Drive, 2nd=e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe, 3rd= c:\evox.xbe, 4th = c:\xboxdash.xbe. With this setup I can delete XBMC's default.xbe from within (file is not locked) and boot the system to evox Dash, where IP settings and FTP server is configured correctly. Now I can FTP transfer anything to anything. By deleting all BUT UserData/ & Scripts/ & Plugins/ from e:\apps\XBMC I can up/downgrade to any version I saw fit. Don't overwrite these folders mentioned!

2. XBox have USB1.1, so the transfer speed is about 500kB/sec max. Just plug the device to any xbox's port via USB adapter and XBMC may say immediatlety if the storage device is regog or not. It will show immediately in fileBrowser.
If you have latest t3ch, you already have atlantis and some.

XBMC only supports USB 1.1 devices formatted fat32 and <4GB.
just install, configure, and run the t3ch updater script.