Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Full screen music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Been tracking the progress of this new skin for a while now, it's looking really nice and I'm looking forward to using it when it's done.

Just a question about full-screen when playing music.

I don't know about you but... mediastream's fullscreen vis is... okay enough (id rather it use more of the available screenspace, but it does have a nice area showing next tracks)..

I prefer MediaStream over other skins at the mo, but that will probly change with the new skin here.

xTV has it down-pat in my opinion for full-screen music. The coverart displays hugely on the screen (and the tilted angle is a nice touch).

Are we to expect anything like this in the new Aeon/Stark?
I'll +1 that request. I've always wondered why the now-playing for music was so under-developed in the skins I've tried.

Most skins seem to ace the video interface but fall a little behind in the music interface.
The plan is to have extensive user control over both video and music OSD, though the version released in March will just have the one layout. Post-launch updates will happen quickly and often, though.
I posted pretty much the same thing in the Serenity forum earlier...

I have my xbox (I know Stark won't run on my xbox at release) set-up to start in the music section and then auto play a playlist after booting. Shortly there after, the visualization kicks in with info for the Album cover, the Artist, the Album the Track # and Title, a status bar for the time of the track and Playing Next. Since I've collected a lot of Artist fanart now, I'd like to see the fanart pop-up for the Artist 10-20 seconds each time a new song starts and then fade back to the visulization.

Now I think it is not possible at the moment to associate the fanart with an individual track. Only possible when going thru the Artist node of the library.
And I think it's going to show in filemode in Serenity, will it be the same in Stark for file mode? DigitalHigh thought we might need the creation of a musicplayer.fanartimage infolabel.

But maybe JMarshall or DJH someone will see this that can make it happen.
Is it worthy of a trac request?
yeah. ... I'm not too sure that was so similar to what i was asking Laugh but hell, consider this a bump. Wink