Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Output to all speaker via SPDIF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

Recently got my box built and it is running great (with the VDPAU branch following the min install wiki).

I am using SDPIF for audio.

Everything is working like my original XBOX, except that the MP3/music setting for 'Output stereo to all speakers' doesn't work - it always just outputs to the fronts regardless of the setting. The surround sound is working correctly for 5.1 encoded video, so I know that the basic setup is ok.

Should this be working? If so - how should I debug?

Thanks,
xnappo
No, it should not be working.
tslayer Wrote:No, it should not be working.

Thanks - any pointers on how to debug this though? I am ASSuming that VDPAU should have nothing to do with this...

Thanks,
xnappo
It just isn't implemented I guess.

Your best bet is to configure something in .asoundrc (if using alsa) that can possibly do the same thing.

A quick google search came up with: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=783222

Maybe there are other options.
Haggy Wrote:Honestly, i never tried that because i don't like it. IMHO music has to be played as meant by the artist: In stereo But you may try the 'surround51' or 'surround40' plug device alsa created for you.

Well, if you copy front left to rear left and front right to rear right, it still is stereo Smile. It is just a very long speaker.

xnappo