Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Guy question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I am new to this (it is great by the way!).

I installed OK however can't find my external HD (usb powered) where I have placed all of my movies. Any ideas? thanks
Give us a clue and maybe someone can help...

Hard disk plugged into what? XMBC running on what? Version numbers?

It could be in the cupboard under the stairs for all I know based on what you've told us so far...

Sorry for the cynicism, and I recognise that you are a newb, but those that regularly respond on this forum (and many others) are not mind readers and get a little tired of responding to such incomplete information. Thanks.
Hard drive plugged into ATV - latest version of ATV and XBMC
Please take the time to search the wiki, search the forum, read, re-read, and understand. I am sure this topic has been covered a number of times in the past weeks and months. However, I must be honest, I have a plane to catch, and I don't have the time to hand-hold you through the basics. The documentation for XBMC is excellent for a project of this type.

Oh, and when you've read everything you will discover that there's no such version as latest. There are releases. There are SVN revisions. Latest is whatever anyone makes it at a particular point in time and it won't necessarily be whatever you're running.