Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC as dashboard on PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to run XBMC as dashboard on my HTPC (Scaleo E)?
I think what you are talking about is running XBMC as shell. I don't think that it possible. What I planned on doing when I build mine is to have Windows load barely anything at startup except xbmc with the desktop completely black and task bar hidden.
smcnally75 Wrote:I think what you are talking about is running XBMC as shell. I don't think that it possible. What I planned on doing when I build mine is to have Windows load barely anything at startup except xbmc with the desktop completely black and task bar hidden.
I've done something slightly different.
When XBMC starts it shows the XBMC word in white, on a black background, with the official lettering. I took a screenshot of this, lowered the brightness and placed it on the desktop.

When the machine starts, or resumes from standby, you get the feeling of the word "turning on", as XBMC loads up. In my opinion it's very classy. But I would say that, wouldn't I? Rofl
There is this thread as well.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37492

For myself, since I use the HTPC for surfing the net when I'm lazy to get out of my couch and go to the computer room.

I just added the XBMC shortcut into the start up menu, and when I turn on the PC XBMC loads automatically.
I can see that it`s possible to run XBMC as shell, taht`s great.
I`ll try it with MicroXP, should be OK.
im running it on start up with tinyxp. works great
ashlar Wrote:I've done something slightly different.
When XBMC starts it shows the XBMC word in white, on a black background, with the official lettering. I took a screenshot of this, lowered the brightness and placed it on the desktop.

When the machine starts, or resumes from standby, you get the feeling of the word "turning on", as XBMC loads up. In my opinion it's very classy. But I would say that, wouldn't I? Rofl

That's a great idea! Gonna do that tonight Smile
Hando Wrote:That's a great idea! Gonna do that tonight Smile
Smile Let me know if you like the end result.