Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proper .xsession startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm starting up xbmc with X. But, I just did an update and build with svn and now xbmc will not start properly with my settings if I include "-p"

Here are my existing settings? What do the commandline arguments mean? And what should I likely be setting them too? Also, should I be export XBMC_HOME?

Thanks

PHP Code:
export XBMC_PLATFORM_MODE=1
/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin  ----standalone
case "$?" in
# Quit

touch /tmp/noRestartXBMC

break ;;

64 # Shutdown System

sleep 10 ;;

65 # Warm Reboot

echo Restarting XBMC ... ;;

66 # Reboot System

sleep 10 ;;
     * ) ;;
esac 
mklein49 Wrote:I'm starting up xbmc with X. But, I just did an update and build with svn and now xbmc will not start properly with my settings if I include "-p"

Here are my existing settings? What do the commandline arguments mean? And what should I likely be setting them too? Also, should I be export XBMC_HOME?

Thanks

From SVN18398 platform mode is defaulted, so no need to set this any more.
Additionally -p means portable now, instead of platform so it has to remove from the options.

Properly:

Code:
/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin  -q --standalone
case "$?" in
    0 ) # Quit
        touch /tmp/noRestartXBMC
        break ;;
    64 ) # Shutdown System
        sleep 10 ;;
    65 ) # Warm Reboot
        echo Restarting XBMC ... ;;
    66 ) # Reboot System
        sleep 10 ;;
     * ) ;;
esac

@topfs2
Could you please explain a little bit more on what portable exactly means?
I guess if it is set, then xbmc is looking for userdata in the folder where it is run from, instead of ~/.xbmc. IS that correct?

Thanks!
Arg - I had exactly the same problem - took me ages to sort out.

Removed "-p" and works perfectly!

Thanks so much!
olympia Wrote:...
@topfs2
Could you please explain a little bit more on what portable exactly means?
I guess if it is set, then xbmc is looking for userdata in the folder where it is run from, instead of ~/.xbmc. IS that correct?

Thanks!

Yup, it's correct. It will work like on the XBox.

Portable refers to that it all is at the same place so you could have XBMC on your thumbdrive and every setting, and the executables run from the same place. Like miranda im is, or was if they have changed it Smile
Speakin of, does anyone know what the '-q' option does?