Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Starting XBMC using the Apple Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using XBMC Atlantis 8.1 BF1 on an Intel Mac Mini (1.83GHz) as well as the latest version on an Apple TV. The Apple TV version works great and its remote is functioning perfectly. Unfortunately the version on the Mini has problems with the Apple Remote (I've tried several Apple remotes so it's not a defective remote or low battery issue).

The main problem is that XBMC won't start from the remote (by pressing menu). The helper is running and there are no other helpers running for remote operations. It just doesn't do anything. In fact, Front Row will start though not always. I have the running always going so it should work. It did a while back but I've been away from xbmc on the mini for a bit (prefer the Apple TV but perhaps that was a novelty!).

Anyway, is there something obvious I might be overlooking? I thought this issue was sorted out quite some time ago.

A minor issue is that + on the Apple TV version increases the volume while on the Mini version is skips ahead in the video. Isthere a simple way to get the remotes working the same on both (I prefer +/- handling the volume).

Thank's,

philip
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47110

Oops, I missed that you want a solution for Apple TV not Mac OS X.... sorry.
envoy510 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47110

Oops, I missed that you want a solution for Apple TV not Mac OS X.... sorry.

No, you were right. I tried to delete the post after seeing the other but it was too late. I did do a full search before posting but I didn't find the remote article you linked to. The seach system here (and the Plex forums) just is a bit of a mystery to me.

In any case it appears as though starting has problems at this point in xbmc but I'm sure it'll be fixed.

I did have a few minor ATV questions but the Apple remote and XBMC on a Mini was the main point of my question.

philip