Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is Aeon Stark Touchscreen-friendly ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will Aeon Stark skin will be easy to use with a touchscreen PC like the EEEtop ?
The standard skins (PM3.HD & Mediastream) lack features like on-screen back button, ability to open the display menu and some other manipulation.
Nope, it will not be touchscreen friendly
No plans to go in this direction as many all-in-one touchscreen computers will be released this year and given XBMC is probably the best Media Center in the market?
Only Duncan can answer that. But, even though you have a point, most users will still use a remote since they view it on their television and not the computer.
none that I have heard of. It would make a killer car pc front end though, wouldn't it?
I think it would be awesome if it supported touchscreen. You could use a netbook as a remote control for your TV. Just VNC into your TV's HTPC from the netbook and it would be like a mini display of exactly what you are seeing on the big screen television.
There aren't any plans for touchscreen support. I appreciate such things are very exciting and probably great for desktop users, but Aeon's not a desktop app and works perfectly fine with a boring old remote control.
stark would be wicked set up in kiosk mode with just the music section active and xbmc set to boot streight to music,

the best juke box ever, just need touch screen functionallity
LaTropa64 Wrote:I think it would be awesome if it supported touchscreen. You could use a netbook as a remote control for your TV. Just VNC into your TV's HTPC from the netbook and it would be like a mini display of exactly what you are seeing on the big screen television.

I've just been looking into VNC to try and remotely administer the media PC however, it seems that VNC or remote desktop will only work if the user account on the HTPC is set up with a password. Obviously, I don't want to set a password as I want it to boot straight into XBMC.

Does anyone alse have any experience in this?

Just this morning I have found Windows Live Mesh Beta from which you can remote desktop and "apparently" will work even though there is no account password. I hope to try this tonight after the little one is in bed but if anyone else is using this or fancies trying it this afternoon, please post your impressions.

V
Set a password and do start > run > "control userpasswords2" to set windows to automatically login without the password.
LaTropa64 Wrote:Set a password and do start > run > "control userpasswords2" to set windows to automatically login without the password.

Thanks for that. It will help in deciding which path to take.

Live Mesh works a treat - add computers to your "Mesh" and remotely access them easily.

The problem I'm having now with the HTPC is that remotely accessing it "Locks" the actual HTPC so when I log back out of remote accessing it, the screen is locked and the remote is non-functional. The only way around this that i can see at the moment is to re-boot the machine once I've finished remotely accessing it.

Hmmmm.