Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with svn co/up.... common?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems XBMC on Linux is just not in the stars for me. lol After trying out multiple distros/DMs, I've settled on Kubuntu... long story short, I prefer KDE and it seems Kubuntu is the only one that works with all my hardware without jumping through hoops.

Anyway, to the problem at hand, for the last couple of days each time I try to co or up from SVN it downloads a handful of files and then hangs. I can eventually get through it by deleting all the lock files, cleanup, up.... but it takes about 30 or so sessions to finish, each time hanging on a different, random file. I've tried from Konsole, I've tried from a CLI after stopping kdm, I've tried using kdesvn... all of them do the same thing. I tried letting it sit there for an hour, but when I return, it's still on the same file doing nothing (in the case of kdesvn, it's locked up completely). Ctrl+C does nothing.... I have to stop it with Ctrl+\ or end the task in the case of kdesvn.

This is actually the second time this problem has occurred... the first was a couple weeks ago on a completely different distro, but I don't remember what it was (been through too many over the last couple weeks). Is this a common issue with SF repos? Do I just have to wait it out? I wouldn't think it's a hardware issue because aside from the one other time, it's worked in other distros. I don't think it's a network problem because I can still surf the web. Not sure where to go from here other than live with it. Any ideas?
This is pretty common for sourceforge, and seems to happen mainly on Thursdays (maintenance day?).

Try it again later or tomorrow, should work fine.

TheUni
Well, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up, though. This problem is making me revert to my childhood days of playing nintendo.... wanting to throw my remote at the tv. lol
My observed schedule of SF...
Thurs: (late) Maintenance which ends up breaking something
Fri: Fail to fix last night's blunders
Sat-Sun: Certainly not working on the weekends
Mon-Wed: Try to fix broken stuff from last week.
althekiller Wrote:My observed schedule of SF...
Thurs: (late) Maintenance which ends up breaking something
Fri: Fail to fix last night's blunders
Sat-Sun: Certainly not working on the weekends
Mon-Wed: Try to fix broken stuff from last week.

lol So, basically, I just have to cross my fingers every time I 'svn up' and hope the XBMC gods are smiling on me that day.
It appears to depend somewhat on the routing as well - folk in the US can be having a problem while I update no problems at all, and vice-versa.
Just do update this, it's finally working..... sort of. It's only pulling one file about every 10-20 seconds, but at least it hasn't stopped in the last few hours. lol Have you guy thought about switching to Google Code? Seems there are quite a few projects jumping ship at SF to move to GC, just wondering if the powers that be at XBMC have considered it.