Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC, Scripts, Plugin UPDATES for xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm a newb and I think my xbmc is outdated...
When i modded my xbox I used SID 5 and to install xbmc i used AID 4.3
I have a feeling that this version of xbmc is outdated. So a lot of my scripts don't work

1) Can people post here or point me in the direction of where to find the up to date versions of xbmc; and the different kinds of versions that are available; and what the differences are??

2) Also where do i find scripts that are currently working? I would like hulu but i heard it's not working at the moment. But not even my youtube script is working. About the only thing that is, is my apple trailers.

3) OH yea one last thing, how do i uninstall and reinstall xbmc without screwing everything up?

Thanks guys!!!
Search google for t3ch. You will find monthly updated builds here and instructions on how to upgrade.

If your current build is really old, best to start from scratch.

There are a few variations around on the net, but most are not worth bothering with as they just include skins and/or scripts which you can get from the net anyway.
Just stick with T3CH (or learn how to build it yourself using the XDK and VS2003).

XBMC is just an application so it is literally just copying the thing to a folder on your xbox for it to "install". Then just run the default.xbe.
Check out the xbmc passion plugin to get the latest scripts as the official one has been down for a while..

If you want it to autoboot into xbmc too and need help, just post back.
@dickalan
Baby stepts, let's get you a new XBMC following chri's notes - once you get that running you can use T3CH Upgrader script for easy future updates.

Then you got a lot of scripts and plugins at http://www.xbmczone.com, with it's own installer (plugin) and then there's Nuka's SVN Repo Installer to access http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/. There's a couple of other places, you'll find them next.
So what do you guys recommend the 'stable' or 'svn' build. What are the differences?
If you want stable go for "t3ch" if you want bleeding edge go for "xbmc nightly builds"
You might of not gotten the memo but i'm a newb hence the question: What's the difference??
I don't know what 'stable' or 'bleeding edge' means you might as well be speaking a foreign language. I need a definition not a restatement.
dickalan Wrote:You might of not gotten the memo but i'm a newb hence the question: What's the difference??
I don't know what 'stable' or 'bleeding edge' means you might as well be speaking a foreign language. I need a definition not a restatement.

look at it this way if you want to use bbc iplayer or other RTMP streaming plugins then you need to use one of the new releases after the stable build as this version doesn't have it.

Goggle XBMC nightly builds and download one that was compiled yesterday or today and you will be fine with this version this has all the new bells and whistles like RTMP streaming, more than 10 views, new special:// directory listing not sure what the benefit on the xbox with this is though and loads of other additions so just download that and your done.
To simplify matters, just get svn/bleeding edge.

type 'XBMC nightly builds' and hit the I'm feeling lucky. Then download the xbox build (the one that isn't labeled pc, osx, or linux).

It won't hold your hand, but there is a guide in the wiki for how to upgrade http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Upgrading_XBMC_for_Xbox

"Stable" releases are ones that the developers feel is relatively bug free. At the moment, xbmc releases a 'stable' build every six months (the next one is scheduled for April).

"Bleeding Edge" releases are more current. Bleeding edge versions are in development, so they're likely to have more features, but are also more likely to have some bugs. However, XBMC is almost always mostly bug free. The bugs that do exist are usually on new features that haven't been completely ironed out, or on weird rarely used features that you're not likely to notice anyways.

Bleeding Edge is generally recommended for forum users because the fact that you're even here suggests you're more advanced than your average joe. Plus if there are bugs, the team needs people to tell them so they can get fixed before the stable release. Since you're still a self-proclaimed newb, post bugs here in the forums first, but as you get more advanced you can stick them straight in xbmc.org/trac .
QUESTION:
Currently what can the svn/bleeding edge build do that the stable build can'tHuh
You travel to the future with it Smile
arnova Wrote:You travel to the future with it Smile
In a Delorean!
ok useful response now, please.
http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline
http://xbmc.org/blog/2009/03/26/xbmc-hit...e-for-904/

The biggest is definitely vdpau support, but there are tons of skin & addons improvements, as well as a lot of bug fixes and player improvements.
Note that vdpau = Linux only and not Xbox...
dickalan Wrote:ok useful response now, please.

Ummm... remove yourself from the ar$e groove in your lazy-boy, and try out the SVN? Your original questions have been answered.... do you actually expect someone to dilineate the differences between a very old and quite new release to you, with a silver spoon to boot? Look at the change logs between then and now and make sure to get comfy 'cuz it'll take awhile and is outside the scope of this thread.Nod