Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Rand Al Thor Wrote:hey rausch101,

(...) I install fresh with every update. It just makes life easier all around.

Cheers,
Rand

How do you save custom made button pages, so you can reuse them after the fresh install?
Oops, wrong thread it seams ....

I meant the XBMC remote application ....
Using linux 9.10. I keep getting a failed to initialize audio. I read that you need to change the file folder permission.

Can someone please confirm that this is the correct folder that I need to change

/usr/share/xbmc/

So I am changing the whole folder xbmc file permissionsHuh??

Also I am not ready to be using commands line in linux so will the below work in the gui?

1. on command line: sudo nautilus. after entering password for super user, a nautilus window will open.
2. go to the nautilus window opened in the previous step.
3. click on the “file manager” in the left sidebar and then go to /usr/share/xbmc
4. go to Properties on that folder, right click on the empty space in the main window of nautilus (and not on any file). click on properties.go to tab “permissions”.
5. now, click on the group menu, and find user name "xbmc" in that long list.
6. in folder access menu, select “create and delete files”.
7. in file access menu, select “read / write”
8. finally, click on apply permissions to enclosed files.
9. done! click on close. now I can normally operate and create / delete / move / copy files and folders.
10. enjoy streaming app

any step missing?
Ok I've searched over and over, went through the Search on here and I can't find anything that explains how to use this with the 3G network with the iPhone. I can configure it just fine for my Wireless network, but when it comes to the 3G network, how in the world do you configure it. I've searched online, googled it and can't find anything. Some help would be much appreciated.
Dude... what?
Philmatic Wrote:Dude... what?

You must not be an iPhone user? There is an app in the app store called Streamer. It's used with XBMC, to stream music, movies, etc to your iPhone, I can get it work just fine with streaming everything through my Wireless. when it comes to inputing the info for over the 3G network, I have no clue what to do from thereHuh I run this software, I do not own an xbox and I just use this for streaming my music to the iphone and it's a cool looking GUI. So my question is how in the world do you use this over the 3G network?? It has the feature in the App, and a Auto Setup which does not work.
I am an iPhone user, but a little context would have been nice in your initial post. The subject was "How to use this over 3G network with iPhone?" what the hell is this exactly?

I imagine if you need it to work over 3G, you'll need to set up port forwarding on your router to get to your XBMC instance, it won't be automatic.
Philmatic Wrote:I am an iPhone user, but a little context would have been nice in your initial post. The subject was "How to use this over 3G network with iPhone?" what the hell is this exactly?

I imagine if you need it to work over 3G, you'll need to set up port forwarding on your router to get to your XBMC instance, it won't be automatic.

Thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure how to start off the Title, so I wrote what I needed help with. And that being, how to get this to work over a 3G network. I knew it had something to do with getting the Router settings corrected. However is there any Tutorials for this? I see one for just about every other thing, remotes, Xbox, Linux stuff, but not a single thing for XBMC to iPhone instructions. I even checked the search on here in the forums and found nothing. I haven't worked with port forwarding in a while, I think I did it for VUZE (was Azureus)

This is what it gives me in the settings on the iphone app:

Away from host (3G Network)

Host/IP:

Port:

Auto Setup >
So I think I might have found something. I'll see if I can figure out how to set this up on my 2Wire Router. Thanks again. If anyone has anymore Info, It would be much appreciated.
Ok So I figured it out - If anyone ever needs help with it, here ya go -

http://streamer.collect3.com.au/assets/e...access.pdf

As you mentioned, Needed to Port forward, and I went back to look at the one I did for Vuze. And just followed the directions on that PDF and it works now. Thanks again.
I use iSSH as the client on my iPhone and x11vnc as the VNC server on my Linux box. Complicated setup..... I don't really mind because now I just hit 3 buttons on my iPhone and I'm in my xbmc or ubuntu desktop. Much easier then typing this post on my iPhone.
When I am using this app along with the auto setup selected I am using xbmc on ubuntu I get the message "Failed to play Audio" any suggestions? if you need more information I can provide it just tell me what is needed.
Hey Hudson Hawk,

It sounds like a permissions issue. Whatever user you are running XBMC as on your linux box MUST have full read/write privileges on the xbmc/web/ folder. Try running XBMC as root and see if that works. The other thing to note is that the Streamer still uses the Apple media player. That means the file must be of a type that is supported by the device natively. If you are trying to play ogg or flac, you'll get that error as well.

Hopefully this helps!

Rand
I am getting the same Failed to play audio message. I am running 9.11 Live installed on an acer 3600 system. XBMC boots upon power upso I am not sure how to change that to a root user at boot up. Any ideas?

Thanks for a great piece of software
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Hey Hudson Hawk,

It sounds like a permissions issue. Whatever user you are running XBMC as on your linux box MUST have full read/write privileges on the xbmc/web/ folder. Try running XBMC as root and see if that works. The other thing to note is that the Streamer still uses the Apple media player. That means the file must be of a type that is supported by the device natively. If you are trying to play ogg or flac, you'll get that error as well.

Hopefully this helps!

Rand

Thanks for your quick reply, I am running Ubuntu 9.10 and I cannot seem the gain access to my web folder, it is not in the .xbmc folder on my machine. My music files are located on a separate machine running windows, the only thing on my revo is xbmc. I have changed the shares on my music storage pc to no avail. The Remote Control app works like a champ, just having issues with the streamer. Thanks for your help and your stellar apps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9