Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help - creating shortcut to video plugins on home menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully created a button on the home menu that goes directly to my video plugins folder. Below is the code in my Home.xml folder...

<item>
<icon>E:\Apps\XBMC\skin\xTV\media\ff.png</icon>
<thumb>E:\Apps\XBMC\skin\xTV\media\ff.png</thumb>
<label>31007</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(video, plugins)</onclick>
</item>

How can I make this button nav to the folder WITH functionality? It acts as though I am looking for video files within the plugin folders, when really I just want to run the plugins themselves.

I found this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs and it was very helpful, however there is no 'plugins' tag. I have already tried running it as (scripts, plugins) but the plugins cannot run as scripts and will not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
try this
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,plugin://video)</onclick>
to go to plugins in library

or
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,plugin://video)</onclick>
for filemode

//edit: sorry I misread at first.
Seems you want something like this:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,plugin://video/pluginname/)</onclick>

to start a specific plugin right away (?)
Good sir, thank you very kindly. Your code: <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,plugin://video)</onclick> did exactly what I wanted.

One more issue... I have two buttons that link to what I hoped would be two separate things. One going to my video plugins folder (which now works flawlessly) and another which goes to my videos in general...

<item>
<icon>E:\Apps\XBMC\skin\xTV\media\tv.png</icon>
<thumb>E:\Apps\XBMC\skin\xTV\media\tv.png</thumb>
<label>31001</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(video)</visible>
</item>

The problem I'm having now is that if I look at my plugins folder, back out to the main menu, and then attempt to look at my videos folder, it goes to the plugins folder... because that was the last folder I navigated to. How can I FORCE the video button to go to my video share directory every time?
this should do the trick:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,videodb://1/)</onclick>
this will take you to the the root of videos

to do the same for files mode I think you can just replace videolibrary with videofiles (not tested)
That last code worked perfectly with videofiles instead of videolibrary. Thank you for your patience in helping me and not just asking for a log file or telling me to read the manual. I had read the manual and spent quite a bit of time on my current mod, only to be discouraged by my lack of skills in writing a simple 'nav to dir' link.

Thank you!
You're welcome Wink You took the effort to read the wiki and learn yourself, in which case it's no problem at all asking for help Smile

btw, i added this information to the wiki page you mentioned