Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AeonStark freezes when leaving "Movies"!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

most times (9/10) when I leave "Movies" XBMC freezes immediately. It freezes before the "Menu" is loaded. I tried several bulds from Jester etc. and today the new XBMC 9.04 Babylon Alpha 1. But still the same problem. "TV Shows" is working great with no problems. I have about 380 movies all with backdrop/cover etc.. But I have more episodes than movies so it should not be the number of items in the database. Anyone has the same problems or an idea how to solve it?

greetz Locutus
Locutus Wrote:Hi,

most times (9/10) when I leave "Movies" XBMC freezes immediately. It freezes before the "Menu" is loaded. I tried several bulds from Jester etc. and today the new XBMC 9.04 Babylon Alpha 1. But still the same problem. "TV Shows" is working great with no problems. I have about 380 movies all with backdrop/cover etc.. But I have more episodes than movies so it should not be the number of items in the database. Anyone has the same problems or an idea how to solve it?

greetz Locutus

I have something similar -- it will go back to the main menu after about 30 seconds of not responding. DJH said he noticed long exit times with you have things mounted from a network, haven't done enough testing myself to see if this is the cause...
That freeze happens with networked shares in the Windows version. Try it with other skins and see if it happens - not that there's much I can do about it.
ok, all my movies are maped in Windows as a network drive but my episodes are also. Maybe thats the problem. But I have a relly fast gigabit network. Is there a workaround to avoid this problem?
it doesn't happen with PM3HD and Mayhem. I am using this setup for years, it started with XBMC on xbox and it always worked great! I didn't get it 100%! Is it a general problem in my case or is it Aeon specific? In "Videos" everything works, its only in "Movies"!
djh_ Wrote:That freeze happens with networked shares in the Windows version. Try it with other skins and see if it happens - not that there's much I can do about it.

I see the same issue with PM3HD in it's movie mode -- hitting pev or esc has it sit there for a good 30 seconds. Doesn't seem to be specific with your skin.

I think it might be related to having movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, and movie.nfo alongside the movies on a network drive. When using mediastream I didn't have this issue but I was also not including those files alongside the movies. And in fact thinking about it when I first upgraded to Aeon and didn't have those files everything was fine. It only started when I reworked my movie library (studio tags/hi-res posters, etc) that this showed up inside Aeon.
Well, it's a Windows build issue one way or the other, unless it's spread to the other platforms since I last used them. Best move this debate to the relevant forums.