Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Do you want to help create the next big skin for XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm looking for people in the community to help me put together the next big skin for XBMC. Over the next couple of weeks I will put together a few concept screens.

<<Update 4/22/09>>

I have posted a few concept screens for the home page layout. The TV Shows and Music section would follow the submenu layout presented in the Movies pics as well. I would see it as you press right when the movies, tv shows, or music section is highlighted and this brings up the submenu with the first option highlighted. Then simply press left to bring you back to the main menu.

I hope you guys like these first group of concept screens. I will be leaving town the head to the beach in Florida for the weekend, so I won't get anymore work done after Friday morning. Hopefully I can put together some views for a few of the sections tomorrow.

Please leave comments about these concepts and if you are interested in joining this project, PM me and we can get this project going.

<<Update 4/23/09>>

Added Time Capsule view for the music section. There are two concept shots for this view. The view would work similar to the iphone coverflow interface. You would scroll through to an album then when selected it would flip, revealing the song list.
Home Screen - Movies Selected

Home Screen - Movies submenu

Home Screen

Home Screen

Time Capsule View - Albums

Time Capsule View - Song List

Music Info

Home Screen

Home Screen w/ conditional weather fanart and popup 5 day forecast

Home Screen

reserved for design 7
reserved for design 8
reserved for design 9
reserved for design 10
is the lack of response because no one is interested in putting their name on this project? I'm just curious. I know we have amazingly talented people in this community. I'm just very interested in what you all think about this idea.
I think that most of the regular and more experienced skinners are too busy with their own projects. Besides that, developing a skin following a design set by someone else is quite a different trade. Most skinners around here aren't necessarily coders or designers but both. Probably even more design orientated than code orientated. The coding is the tool to bring your designs and ideas into reality Smile I think most skinners prefer to execute their own visions. Note though that is merely my assumption, and I can only speak for myself.
thanks for the response. This is what i was looking to find out. I really wanted to have open forum from all who would have been selected for this team. I have no ideas coming in to this. I really just wanted to get designers to bring in their style. Everyone would have input on features.

I'm going to have to assume based on Jeroen's response and also the lack of responses by over 800 views, that this project is of no interest to the community.

I suppose we can consider this thread done, unless I get major objection.
I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of those 800 views were hoping that there were some pictures to look at :p

Perhaps if you change the thread title to something more appropriate you may have some success?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Pages: 1 2 3