Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get rid of LCDproc status screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get rid of the LCDproc status screen (same as when xbmc is not running) which shows up every three seconds on my 2 row iMON VFD regardless of what XBMC is doing for the moment. Regardless from this the correct info is shown.

I have configured LCD.xml and advancedsettings.xml as follows:

Code:
<lcd>
   <navigation>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentWindow]</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentControl]</line>
   </navigation>
   <music>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</line>
   </music>
   <video>
      <line>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.ProgressBar]</line>
   </video>
   <general>
      <line>XBMC running...</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.Time] $INFO[System.Date]</line>
   </general>
   <screensaver>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.TimeWide21]</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.TimeWide22]</line>
      <line>Freemem: $INFO[System.FreeMemory]</line>
   </screensaver>
   <xbelaunch>
      <line></line>
      <line>Playing</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.LaunchXBE]</line>
   </xbelaunch>

Code:
<lcd>
        <rows>2</rows>           <!-- Number of rows to use for the LCD. -->
        <columns>20</columns>    <!-- Number of columns to use for the LCD. -->
        <address1>0</address1>   <!-- Memory address for row 1. -->
        <address2>20</address2>  <!-- Memory address for row 2. -->
        <heartbeat>false</heartbeat> <!-- Enables LCDprocs heartbeat symbol. Defaults to false. -->
    </lcd>

Any clues?
You will need <advancedsettings> tags. Otherwise it looks ok.
Sorry, actually my advancedsetting.xml is a bit longer. See below:

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videolibrary>
        <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate> <!-- set to hide the video scanner dialog from the gui -->
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>  <!-- set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating -->
    </videolibrary>

<musiclibrary>
        <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate> <!-- set to hide the video scanner dialog from the gui -->
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>  <!-- set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating -->
    </musiclibrary>

<playcountminimumpercent>100</playcountminimumpercent>

<lcd>
        <rows>2</rows>           <!-- Number of rows to use for the LCD. -->
        <columns>20</columns>    <!-- Number of columns to use for the LCD. -->
        <address1>0</address1>   <!-- Memory address for row 1. -->
        <address2>20</address2>  <!-- Memory address for row 2. -->
        <heartbeat>false</heartbeat> <!-- Enables LCDprocs heartbeat symbol. Defaults to false. -->
    </lcd>

</advancedsettings>
AFAIK there's an lcdproc option to disable the server/monitor screen. XBMC-wise it should be OK.
Are we talking about lcdproc's info screen(s) or LCDd's server screen?

For lcdproc you've got 2 options:

- Kill lcdproc (not LCDd) before running xbmc
- Hack xbmc source so that xbmc's own lcdproc-screen is set to a higher priority, see http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/curr...ge-screens, command "screen_set".

I did the latter myself some months ago, but somehow lost the code.
The first option is easier to achieve anyway..Smile

For LCDd:
Quote:AFAIK there's an lcdproc option to disable the server/monitor screen. XBMC-wise it should be OK.
That would be:
Code:
ServerScreen=no
under the [server] section in LCDd.conf

(/etc/sysconfig/lcdproc/LCDd.conf on fedora, dont know about other distros)
I had the same with my imon vdr. XBMC give an error to LCDproc. This is why the screen popup.
I resolved it bij removing the third and fourth from every state in LCD.xml.
I also removed the lines LCD.TimeWide21 and LCD.TimeWide22. This helped for me.

Here is an example of mine LCD.xml

Code:
<lcd>
   <navigation>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentControl]</line>
   </navigation>
   <music>
      <line>$INFO[System.Time]</line>
      <line>$INFO[Player.Time]</line>
   </music>
   <video>
   </video>
   <general>
      <line>      XBMC </line>
   </general>
   <screensaver>
   </screensaver>
   <xbelaunch>
      <line>[System.Time]</line>
      <line>      XBMC</line>
   </xbelaunch>
</lcd>
Sjonnie33: I copied your LCD.xml but I still get ths status screen popup every 5 secs (shows for about 1 sec). I have no other lcd process running from what I can see, except:
Code:
nobody    7865     1  0 09:59 ?        00:00:30 /usr/sbin/LCDd -s true -f -c /etc/LCDd.conf

Can it have something to do with the LCDd version?
I have checked my LCDd.conf with the original and saw that i had changed some lines.

#ReportLevel=3 --> ReportLevel=3
#ServerScreen=no --> ServerScreen=no
#Foreground=no --> Foreground=no

I hope this would help

(I am using ubuntu intrepid with backports enabled so i can use lirc 0.8.4.)
sjonnie33 Wrote:I have checked my LCDd.conf with the original and saw that i had changed some lines.

#ReportLevel=3 --> ReportLevel=3
#ServerScreen=no --> ServerScreen=no
#Foreground=no --> Foreground=no

I hope this would help

(I am using ubuntu intrepid with backports enabled so i can use lirc 0.8.4.)
Thank you very much!! ServerScreen=no did the trick. Excellent! Smile

A bit OT but I've looked through the other options in LCDd.conf and saw this section:

Code:
# The "...Key=" lines define what the server does with keypresses that
82     # don't go to any client.
83     # These are the defaults:
84     ToggleRotateKey=Enter
85     PrevScreenKey=Left
86     NextScreenKey=Right
87     #ScrollUpKey=Up
88     #ScrollDownKey=Down
Do you know which keypresses that are meant? Is it keypresses on the remote? I wonder because I have a problem when using a different remote then the one that came with my Silverstone LC16 case. Imon then stops receiving around three keypresses before IR signals are processed correctly again.
I tried all this and it solved the serverscreen popping up every 5 seconds. But I can still see the serversreen during power on and power off (the few seconds that LCDd is running and XBMC is not (yet/anymore)). Is there any solution to that? It really looks nasty.

From what I could read in the lcdproc source, the serverscreen is shown whenever the display is inactive (XBMC not sending lines) and every so much (5 ?) seconds. The "serverscreen = no" will only stop the interval.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have de 15c2:0036 imon VFD device.
Fitho Wrote:I tried all this and it solved the serverscreen popping up every 5 seconds. But I can still see the serversreen during power on and power off (the few seconds that LCDd is running and XBMC is not (yet/anymore)). Is there any solution to that? It really looks nasty.

From what I could read in the lcdproc source, the serverscreen is shown whenever the display is inactive (XBMC not sending lines) and every so much (5 ?) seconds. The "serverscreen = no" will only stop the interval.

Yep, I think that's the standard behavior. Haven't tried to get rid of it as it only shows a couple of seconds before XBMC loads and hasn't bothered me.
Hi Fitho,

yes exactly the same here. I've got also the 15c2:0036.
Maybe its possible to write a little startup-script which echoes just an empty screen or a welcome message until XBMC is started? I just didn't try yet, because I'm just in the process of configuring my XBMC-database.

I'd be interested, if the LCD is working fine for you? Do you use imon_lcd-driver? I just get flickering output in XBMC and lots of "send packet failed"-messages from LIRC, although echoing a message to the LCD works fine.
Fitho Wrote:I tried all this and it solved the serverscreen popping up every 5 seconds. But I can still see the serversreen during power on and power off (the few seconds that LCDd is running and XBMC is not (yet/anymore)). Is there any solution to that? It really looks nasty.

If you're using a recent cvs version of lcdproc, you can define a custom welcome screen, which will be shown as soon as LCDd starts.
(this is not supported in the default 0.5.2 package that comes with Ubuntu)

When LCDd stops running, it can show a custom goodbye message, so if you can stop LCDd just before XBMC on shutdown, you'll never see that ugly serverscreen again.