Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is VDPAU needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To be able to use "smoothvideo"

Currently all my video`s play back fine on my C2D @2400 with a 7300GT (256MB)
The 25 fps mkv`s playback smoooooth. but the 24fps mkv`s are not smooth on panning scenes.( mini stutters )
From reading about the smoothvideo branch I think this should get rid of these mini stutters. But I`m still unsure if I need a VDPAU compatible card to be able to utilise it.
You do not need vdpau to use smoothvideo, but it works ok with vdpau.
What currently doesn't work is vdpau + smoothvideo + auto refreshrate.

This question should have been placed in the Smoothvideo branch thread.
Sorry, I did read the whole of that thread, and there's allot going on. I thought it`d get overlooked.

So just updating XBMC should do it ?
Im presently running 8.10 svn 16164 which I assume doesn't have smooth video or auto refresh. What version would you suggest, or is it just a matter of grabbing the latest.

Thanks for you valuable time.
Again, read the other thread. It requires you to build or get a build from a different branch.

It is not a matter of grabbing the latest.
bobo1on1 Wrote:You do not need vdpau to use smoothvideo, but it works ok with vdpau.
What currently doesn't work is vdpau + smoothvideo + auto refreshrate.

This question should have been placed in the Smoothvideo branch thread.

bobo1on1, Am I an alienHuh I have vdpau + smoothvideo + auto refreshrate + multitreaded decoding working on my setup!
tslayer Wrote:Again, read the other thread. It requires you to build or get a build from a different branch.

Ive read the other thread, probably a few times by now and am still unsure how to do that.

I take it I just follow these instructions
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...ADME.linux

Do I have to remove my old version, or will it just update that.

Is there any thing else I need to know, or somewhere you could point me to that has a step by step

Sorry for the "noobness" but I am learning as I go along.

Thanks