Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AC3 / Framerate issue -- XBMC Babylon Alpha1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have encountered some odd behaviours with XBMC Babylon Alpha 1 with AC3 sound.

System: ATV 2.3.1, XBMC 9.04 alpha 1

When I enable digital output and play a movie with AC3 / Surround Sound, I cannot get digital audio output unless I force output to stereo. If I try to play a movie with AC3-only, the movie plays at approx 4 times normal speed with no sound.

If I disable digital output, all works as expected.

Am I doing something wrong?

Niall
Please post a debug log. It will be located in /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log. Also provide some information about your setup (receiver model, connection type, etc.)
I'll post the debug logs tonight. The receiver is a Yamaha, connected using the Optical digital audio connector.

Surround sound works with iTunes movies so I don't believe that there is a receiver or connection issue.

Niall
Here's the debug log; let me know if I have not captured enough.

http://pastebin.ca/1397785

This error message keeps cropping up:

18:32:27 T:52061184 M: 23613440 ERROR: PortAudioDirectSound::AddPackets - sanity failed. no play handle!

Sony Receiver, Optical cable from ATV, R2.3.1, XBMC 9.04 Babylon Alpha1.

Appreciate insights!

Niall
Hmm, I wonder if I have similar issue..

One of the movies played perfectly in old version, but in Babylon alpha1 it starts playing and framerate gets slower and slower until it chokes to death and apple TV becomes almost non responsible.

I say almost because eventually I can still get out of the movie.

I wonder should I post some logs while playing this movie? Would this help davilla?
ernisj Wrote:Hmm, I wonder if I have similar issue..

One of the movies played perfectly in old version, but in Babylon alpha1 it starts playing and framerate gets slower and slower until it chokes to death and apple TV becomes almost non responsible.

I say almost because eventually I can still get out of the movie.

I wonder should I post some logs while playing this movie? Would this help davilla?

This a problem with related to the topic of this thread? AC3 and passthrough? If so yes, pastebin the logs and post here, otherwise start a new thread.