Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV and internal itunes library integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am using apple TV with XBMC Babylon and already have thousands of music files (MP3) synchronized with itunes running on a PC with Windows Vista.

How can I integrate these files on the harddisk on the apple TV into XBMC?
Of course I could manually copy the files via sftp again, but this would only mean a certain waste of space Wink

Br,
BB
Just point XBMC at wherever those files are on your appleTV, scan 'em in to the library, and enjoy.
Thanks for your reply.
I already tried that in the meantime, and I managed to start playing music, but as soon as I hit the "menu" (back) button on the remote, the list of files is displayed, music continues playing for one track - and then xbmc/apple tv freezes Undecided
Could you please describe what you mean with "scan 'em in to the library"? Just pointing at the folder with all the mp3 files and wait? Or is there another way to build up an xbmc library?

\EDIT: Ah, maybe I know what you mean: I just pointed at the folder, pressed "menu" button for a few seconds, chose "Rescan database" (or sth. similar, I am using the german interface language Wink
How long should this approximately last for about 3.500 songs? Looks like this won't be finished within one hour...?
Sorry to say that, but it freezes again after a few minutes, just having scanned for 3 folders... :-(