Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto start playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is is possible to set a playlist (or even better, a random file from a folder) to auto start with the new xbmc (xbox) builds? I used to use autostartmanager but that doesnt work on the newest builds. I have tried putting the following in my autoexec.py but xbmc (xbox) just freezes.

# variable to contain the file location
file = 'f:\\Current.m3u'
# tell xbmc to play our file we specified in the above variable
xbmc.Player().play(file)

Thanks
PMIII HD skin has an option for auto-start playlist in the skin settings.
Thanks for your quick reply, is there a way to do this with mc360 skin which i am using at the moment?

Cheers
I'm not sure as I don't use that skin. Maybe you can use PMIIIHD to set it up and then switch skins? Anyone know? I doubt it tho, as it's in "skin settings"

I'll try my old autoexec.py to playing music at startup and see if it works.
I tried using the PMIII and PM3HD skin auto playlist feature but it seems to freeze my xbox when using PMIII, but it works with PM3HD. I tried PMIII because sometimes I use my xbox on non HD tv's and PM3HD is a bit hard to read on those screens. Do you know why this is happening?

I get lots of (also before this errors about not being able to open source):

19:54:36 M: 22921216 ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()

then this with PMIII:

19:54:36 M: 22921216 ERROR: CApplication:Tonguerocess(), too many exceptions
19:54:36 M: 22921216 FATAL: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)
at 0x004a38b1
Hi,
i could help you with this......cause had the same problem that the autostartmanager doesn´t work anymore, because of changing the path thing in xbmc...whatever.

I will post you some code later this day which you have to set in the autostart.py or in a seperate file and call this file than from the autostart.py.

It works with the partymode and start a partymode playlist you can set like you want. Should also work with a normal playlist. But Partymode is real random!!!!

I for myself do it with MusicVideos which start on startup randomly. It works perfekt and also it is real random, not like the playlist in xbmc set on random. Which is on every start up the same "random" way playlist......
http://uploadfile.org/download.php?id=PN...HwcAGuESDI

That should do it. Put those two skin files in your MC360 PAL folder and you can autostart a playlist. The setting is in the MC360 Guide -> Personal ->Options.
Not a good place to put it but I was working quick.
Not sure if it'll work with widescreen or 720/1080, their startup files are different. I can put them together pretty fast if you want though.
Thanks for doing that, but I couldn't get it to work. I put the files in skins/mc360/PAL, changed theme to mc360 and restarted but couldnt see anything option in media guide -> personal -> options. In the meantime I am using PM3.HD, which is great on HD tv and its auto playlist feature works a treat. Im still not sure why the same feature seems to crash xbmc on the PMIII skin??
Here's one that will work with all resolutions afaik. Though it won't change anything to do with the options window which seems to be your problem. I've no idea why it won't work. It works perfect on my end. The setting is right at the bottom of the Options section.
http://www.turboupload.com/u92myhoee0dl/...2.zip.html
Hi, I got it to work on 4:3, but when selecting path for startup playlist i get a blank blade instead of the file tree blade. This also happens if I try to take a screenshot so I think it is a problem with mc360 skin and the latest xbmc for xbox? I am using 9.04 beta 1. Another problem i have had is with mc360, 9.04 beta 1 and selecting items in music playlists. I havent tried 720p yet but will be able to try that soon.
Ok, must be skin version problems plus xbmc version problems.
I'll let you know when I get it working on the latest.
Thanks so much for your help
I decided it wasn't working for you due to the default path I had it looking in for a playlist first, it's removed now. Try again.

http://www.turboupload.com/jx9hotfevt5i/...t.zip.html
Hi, i tried again but still get a blank grey blade with no file tree on it when I go to select playlist location