Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I am wondering. Would it be possible to use a python script to update a particular skin?

I was hoping there would be a way to maybe have the python script open an rss xml doc on the web and compare the version number of the skin against the current version of the skin being used.

I am in charge of the rss xml doc so I know exactly what is in the file.

Basically, the script has to get and read a xml file on the web and compare it to the xml file in xbmc/skin/skinname, and compare version numbers. If the version number in the xml file is larger then current version number ask the user if he/she wants to install new version otherwise say no new version available.

I am trying to make what I am asking as clear as possible. If it isn't please let me know and I will try to do better.

Thanks in AdvanceCool
I believe there is already a script that does this via subversion.
theophile Wrote:I believe there is already a script that does this via subversion.

When I said version number I guess I meant subversion. Otherwise it might be a bit before the script finds a new version.

That is nice there is already a script. I think I found a bash script that might work.

I was hoping for a python script though.
I found the T3CH updater script. Is this what you where referring to Theophile?

I was hoping that it wouldn't be that complicated, or at least look that complicated.
If someone would like to delete this thread, please feel free to do so.
I would like to start over with a better title and such.
Thanks
I'll just lock it and let it die slow and painful.