Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos")
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
iBeech Wrote:I'm not sure, what is the resolution these are being displayed at djh?

djh_ Wrote:Just out of interest, why such big thumbnails? Mine are 541x305 and even that seems a bit excessive for such a small browser. Or are you future-proofing in case someone makes a view with larger requirements?
Here you go. Early in the thread.
Steve_McQueen Wrote:I know you didn't.Smile
The thing is 720p isn't really necessary, and if thetvdb is going to implement this format, is most likely will be smaller and separate from fanart. At that point it might be needed to purge the fanart archive for texted backdrops.

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?...0&start=10

I actually think his solution with a displayed imagehosted medium sized image is a good one until the thetvdb have established how they want them.

I completely agree with you that 720p is unnecessarily large I was original making mine at 374x210 before this thread was started.

The only point I was trying to make is that until thetvdb decide what they're going to do we need to stick to one method and since theres already what looks like over 100 posted as fanart we might aswell keep this method for the time being.

On the other hand, perhaps instead of posting the hosted images on here how about posting the link to the hosted images? That way it can still be added to the list and gives everyone the option of either uploading to tvdb or hosting.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:On the other hand, perhaps instead of posting the hosted images on here how about posting the link to the hosted images? That way it can still be added to the list and gives everyone the option of either uploading to tvdb or hosting.
Absolutely. IMO thats the best solution. Nod
The only difference between image or link is using URL or IMG tag when posting, thats why I didn't understand why it couldn't be added to first page.
It might even be an idea to display the image when posting, but use only link on the first page for easy access.

Californication
Ok look most of us in this thread want the larger images for future compatibility, please stop telling us how unnecessary they are.
We've been over this and over this and I'm kinda getting tired of seeing it argued.

If you don't want to use large images, they are easily scaled down using any image editor and can even be done in batches.
hikaricore Wrote:Ok look most of us in this thread want the larger images for future compatibility, please stop telling us how unnecessary they are.
We've been over this and over this and I'm kinda getting tired of seeing it argued.

If you don't want to use large images, they are easily scaled down using any image editor and can even be done in batches.

I agree with what you say 100% it's much better to have them far too big, and as you say it's easy to batch resize them, maybe they just have no idea how to do it. or can't be bothered to learn......Eek
hikaricore Wrote:Ok look most of us in this thread want the larger images for future compatibility, please stop telling us how unnecessary they are.

Steve_McQueen Wrote:Absolutely. IMO thats the best solution. Nod
The only difference between image or link is using URL or IMG tag when posting, thats why I didn't understand why it couldn't be added to first page.
It might even be an idea to display the image when posting, but use only link on the first page for easy access.

I will be continuing with the 720p for future compatibility but I don't see any problem with others making them smaller and uploading to image hosts if they really want to. At the end of the day those of us that prefer the high res ones don't have to use them.
And don't forget they get scaled down and cached by XBMC anyway.

I'm sorry, dropping it. Will not bring it up again.
Didn't feel like I was telling people their work was unnecessary, or that there was anything wrong with 720p versions.

I was just trying to advocate that we hold off uploading to the fanart section at thetvdb (where the wiki states should be textless) and keep it local to this thread, until we know how they want to handle it.
Felt I was rather civil and it was more a discussion then an argument.Huh

Since I’m totally alone in this view and there hasn't been any outcry from thetvdb I will not bring this up again.
Steve_McQueen Wrote:I was just trying to advocate that we hold off uploading to the fanart section at thetvdb (where the wiki states should be textless) and keep it local to this thread, until we know how they want to handle it.

This matter was discussed with the tvdb staff on their forums and they agreed that text would be okay as long as its done tastefully. They're also going to add some sort of flagging system to show whether fanart contains text or not.

That is why we decided on thetvdb as the best distribution method.
I wish people would stop talking about the resolution issue. I see there's a new post, and I keep hoping it's another awesome thumb, and then it's not. Very irritating.
Thanks.
Thundercats

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33