Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC and 42LG7000 TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone managed to get these two to work together nicely, having real issues trying to get XBMC to display properly, I think I might need to set everything manually via modelines.

Hoping someone else had got it all working, saving me a fair bit of hassle.

Cheers
A few more details about your setup would help. I doubt though, that this is a TV or XBMC issue.
What GFX card are u using? Do you have the latest nvidia/ati driver installed? Does your linux desktop display correctly on your TV? As soon as I got my desktop set up the right way to show on my Full HD TV XBMC never had any issues, too.

boba
My setup is an Nvidia 8500GT running along with a Core 2 Duo E7000 I believe with 2GB of ram.

I've tried both the latest beta drivers and the latest actual drivers and both seem to show the same fault.

My 42LG7000 doesn't seem to like the 1920 x 1080 that the card is outputting and I'm getting a few wierd lines at the bottom of the screen, it looks like maybe 5 or 6 lines of knackered pixels. I know it isn't the TV, I connect my macbook with the same cable and get nothing like this. When these lines are on the bottom of the screen I get a lot of odd flashing with my LCD, which makes me think there are some resolution issues or something along these lines.

Also tried altering the resolutions in XBMC and I can't seem to get Full HD (1080) to work, I always get this odd flashing.

My macbook pro works perfectly when outputting 1080 along the same cable, I get no flashing and Video plays perfectly smoothly.

Anyone had a similar experiance, I'm guessing my xorg conf isn't set up right, but I don't have a clue about modelines, I'm more of a Mac guy than anything else.

Just to add, I've only used the command line version of Linux, I'm tempted to whack another hard drive in there and install Ubuntu on the same system and try running it this way, just to get a working Xorg and quite possibly working modelines.

Cheers
Managed to solve this with a lot of digging around, if you want to get LG7000 TVs to play nicely with XBMC or Linux for that matter and are using a DVI - HDMI cable, you need to use the Label input feature on the TV.

Label the input that you are using PC, this turns off the majority of the image processing and I believe adjusts something to do with the overscan, needless to say all of my issues are gone.

I'm just posting this should anyone else be having the same issues.