Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: exited with status:4 - with logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I keep running into an error with the latest beta bab. release on my apple tv. I'm running the latest atv flash as well as the latest appletv os.

I've rebuilt my database but for some reason when I enter my movie library I get booted to the main apple menu with a status 4

any help is appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/m6d0a16ea
Looks like you're out of memory. Try disabling the "Automatically generate thumbs for videos with no cover art" option and see if things improve.
gman4nj Wrote:Hey guys,

I keep running into an error with the latest beta bab. release on my apple tv. I'm running the latest atv flash as well as the latest appletv os.

I've rebuilt my database but for some reason when I enter my movie library I get booted to the main apple menu with a status 4

any help is appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/m6d0a16ea

pastebin your crashlog please (see my sig)
crashlog is fairly small

Host Name: AppleTV
Date/Time: 2009-04-30 04:46:57.298 +0000
OS Version: 10.4.7 (Build 8N5818)
Report Version: 4

Command: XBMC
Path: XBMC
Parent: Finder [188]

Version: Huh (Huh)

PID: 247
Thread: Unknown

Exception: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (0x0002)
Code[0]: 0x0000000d
Code[1]: 0x00000000

(null)
Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x021c6f0f ebx: 0x00000080 ecx: 0x0000000a edx: 0x0000002b
edi: 0xffffffff esi: 0x00a0a951 ebp: 0xb0638428 esp: 0xb0638420
ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00210212 eip: 0xffff07c7 cs: 0x00000017
ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000037

Binary Images Description:
AppleTV OS version, Launcher version and exact XBMC version please.
Labeled in the first post, but I'm running the latest version of everything from atv 2.3.1, launcher 3 and bab. beta 1
strange, the crashreporter log is quite short.

update launcher again (basically re-installs it), re-install XBMC (RC1 should be showing now). And try again.

EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION is the error. That means the cpu tried to execute an bad instruction.
Exactly same error here.
Anytime I would check "Automatically generate thumbs for videos with no cover art" XBMC would crash with error (status 4)
Unchecking temporarily solves the problem :-)

(running: Launcher 3 and XBMC 9.04.1r20621)
cybercisco Wrote:Exactly same error here.
Anytime I would check "Automatically generate thumbs for videos with no cover art" XBMC would crash with error (status 4)
Unchecking temporarily solves the problem :-)

(running: Launcher 3 and XBMC 9.04.1r20621)

xbmc.log and crashreporter log please. pastebin them.
Same problem here:

Apple TV version 2.3
Launcher version 3
XBMC Build 20622 25th May 2009 Also Babylon Beta and RC1

Only happens when TV program has no thumb and auto generate is selected.

XBMC Log http://pastebin.com/mdc691a6
Crashreporter Log http://pastebin.com/m10ea9d15

Thanks

Terrier
I reported auto thumb problems before, and Davilla fixed them, but I am seeing the same error since I went to 20622, so maybe a fix for my original problem is causing this?
I was having a similar crash and exited with Status 4 problem, but it was only with the videos in one particular directory; everything else was working fine. I deleted the application and the support files in the system and did a reinstall and the problem went away. Perhaps some directory file got corrupted along the way and that's what's causing this problem for some people. Is there maybe a particular configuration file that can be deleted to fix this issue? My method fixed it, but it was brute force and there's got to be a more elegant solution.
I have many directories that this occurred.

It seems to occur if the directory has some thumbnails and not others in the same directory.
Remember all crashes are not the same even if they have the same reported exited with Status number. Need the crashreporter log to see what happened.

philhu's issue was with videos that used libmpeg2 for thumb generation. The current code checks for mpeg1 and mpeg2 and uses ffmpeg instead of libmpeg2. If you are running close to svn, then you should not have this same problem and if you do, then something else is going on.

The issue with libmpeg2 still exists but it's a troublesome one to find.