Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ScraperXML (Open Source XML Web Scraper C# Library) please help verify my work...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Couldn't you just commit the changes you have if it's better than what's in currently svn? Then I could help test those and perhaps locate the problems I have in GetDetails. Thanks
Nicezia Wrote:If anyone knows anything about ISO charsets & windows codepages (for conversion purposes) i need someone to help with a charset conversion utility from non-latin character sets to unicode

How do you know from which codepage to convert to unicode? Is this the same thing as choosing for instance a Character Encoding in your browser? Sorry, not very uefull reply but I'm quite interrested in this.
are the the tvdb & imdbtv scrapers still working?

I can GetEpisodeList on TVRage just fine with ScraperXML, but thetvdb and imdb, wil only go so far as GetDetails
xyber Wrote:How do you know from which codepage to convert to unicode? Is this the same thing as choosing for instance a Character Encoding in your browser? Sorry, not very uefull reply but I'm quite interrested in this.

by checking the "Content-Encoding" value when downloading a webpage
ultrabrutal Wrote:Couldn't you just commit the changes you have if it's better than what's in currently svn? Then I could help test those and perhaps locate the problems I have in GetDetails. Thanks

not to sound mean but if you're having a problem with the update schedule, you can always submit some code fixes to me by e-mail. I'm working on this all by myself, and while it may seem like a simple task, i assure you it hasn't been... I do have a life, and currently no internet, so i'm working at a slower pace than usual. I'm not committing anything to svn that's throwing a crapload of errors at me, let alone the amount of errors that it might throw at another user.
Nicezia Wrote:not to sound mean but if you're having a problem with the update schedule, you can always submit some code fixes to me by e-mail. I'm working on this all by myself, and while it may seem like a simple task, i assure you it hasn't been... I do have a life, and currently no internet, so i'm working at a slower pace than usual. I'm not committing anything to svn that's throwing a crapload of errors at me, let alone the amount of errors that it might throw at another user.

Sure but it wouldn't make sense to debug and fix source which is so old now. I bet any bug fix I would create you have already done yourself, except you have not committed it svn yet. So if you commit to svn, I'd gladly install Visual C# 2008 Express Edition and help out if I can Smile
new version committed to svn ... shouldn't throw any exceptions, and should log any error instances and the scraper results. (and when i say this i mean the library itself not the test programs as they are only loosely knitted programs to demonstrate usage of the library)

TvShows are working (at least TvRage & tvdb are, have to investigate to see if tv.com & imdb tv scrapers are working properly in xbmc before attempting a fix - but that's work for tomorrow)
Did you do something weird when you committed this to SVN? I had to basically blow away my directory and checkout everything again, it looks like every file had a conflict.
the joys of not using svn:eol native Wink
Nicezia Wrote:new version committed to svn ... shouldn't throw any exceptions, and should log any error instances and the scraper results. (and when i say this i mean the library itself not the test programs as they are only loosely knitted programs to demonstrate usage of the library)

TvShows are working (at least TvRage & tvdb are, have to investigate to see if tv.com & imdb tv scrapers are working properly in xbmc before attempting a fix - but that's work for tomorrow)

Thanks for the update, and thanks for making this lib. I can't imagine how much time I would have to spend doing this myself.

I just did a check on Californication, Heroes and Dexter in XBMC. imdb and tv.com wasn't of much use and I ended up with bad looking library. TheTVDB scraper had good results.
Dunno if you changed this yet but the properties in the TVEpisodeTag class is not set to public.
xyber Wrote:Dunno if you changed this yet but the properties in the TVEpisodeTag class is not set to public.

you sure you're not playing around with the old VB source? (which by the way isn't being updated anymore), Because all the tags in use have been set to public in the TechNuts.MediaTags (CSharp Library)
spiff Wrote:the joys of not using svn:eol native Wink

Hey spiffster

i need to know a few things

1.) how are multiple url's for functions handled?

2.) can there be some kind of standardization set for NfoUrl. It seems EVERY scraper returns something different. It'd be nice if that could be narrowed down to 2 standard return values. (just a request)

3.) could you go back in time and un-make that comment about me making my little scraper tester program into a library... cause right now i'm about to pull my hair out!! when it was just a program to test scrapers it was easy, but now trying to anticipate all the ways it might be used, Geesh!

Just kidding, of course, i'm actually enjoying programming this, i just wish i could follow c++ better so i could know exactley how everything was being done internally in XBMC (maybe i should look into tinyxml because .Net Xml handlers can be quite inflexible).
Going to update svn again tomorrow, adding functions to return the MediaTag objects rather than string, in this way it can be directly integrated into Media Manager Programs.

The functions that return strings will still be there and it will be the programs choice of which to use
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22