Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] More clarity please, sort out the forums/threads/stickys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, I first want to thanks all the cummunity for XBMC and Aeon, I love it.

But now the Aeon subforum is a really mess. There is the original Aeon but there is no explicit way to download it, now there is the news version, auriga, same way no explicit way to download it. After ther is some genius mod, and mod for the mod etc.... it's driving me insane...

What I'm suggesting it's a little bit more clarity in this forum even with subsubforum. It is really important that aeon and the mod become more explicit. If someone is needed to moderate I can offer you my free time.

Thanks in advance. And please don't take it as an offence, becaus it's not. No
Have you tried reading the stickies at the top of the Aeon subforum (e.g., including the download instructions and the thread of current mods?)
I know what you are talking about, but you will get used to it. Smile
I've readed everything, I have no problem at all, but sometimes it take me 1 hour to find what I did wrong, every answers are in the forum, it is just hell to find it.
sensei73 Wrote:I've readed everything, I have no problem at all, but sometimes it take me 1 hour to find what I did wrong, every answers are in the forum, it is just hell to find it.

I think unfortunately that is the "fun" of beta software/skins. Auriga is a work in progress and djh doesn't seem likely to make a manual or anything, at least not before the skin is finished. However, if you are willing to wait, djh has been incorporating a lot of the more popular mods into Auriga, so most will get there eventually I assume. On the other hand, if you want to be on the bleeding edge, some time and reading is required...
Leeuw Wrote:I think unfortunately that is the "fun" of beta software/skins. Auriga is a work in progress and djh doesn't seem likely to make a manual or anything, at least not before the skin is finished. However, if you are willing to wait, djh has been incorporating a lot of the more popular mods into Auriga, so most will get there eventually I assume. On the other hand, if you want to be on the bleeding edge, some time and reading is required...

Exactly! I've been trying to keep up but it's a non-stop adventure if you're running a bunch of mods.

The best thing to do is get the skin the way you want it and use that as your primary skin, then test the bleeding edge skins.
The original poster is right, the overall organization of everything Aeon related on this sub forum is a mess.

I never mentioned it myself because I don't think most people will care and do something about it but I personally felt this way when I first started using Aeon. I'm a very tidy person...

I honestly thought a few times to go back to PM3.HD just so I don't needed to handle such a mess with all Aeon updates, the mods, the bugs, the discussions, everything... But I'll keep it in the time being (unless I go mad with all this) cause it's so much prettier than PM3.HD. But a little organization wouldn't hurt though Rofl

This is not to offend anyone, it's just a point of view. Nod
Nazgulled Wrote:I honestly thought a few times to go back to PM3.HD just so I don't needed to handle such a mess with all Aeon updates, the mods, the bugs, the discussions, everything...

Maybe it's just me, but if it is that frustrating I would think you could just use whatever is on github and be done with it...
It doesn't change the fact that it's still messy.
Maybe this subforum needs subforums? Laugh Bugs, Mods, General, Where are my fonts, and so on ....

I can see how someone new can easily get lost in here.. I've pretty much kept myself up to date from day 1, but it's a lot to take in and it's all over the place..

No wonder the same questions get asked over and over daily..
Don't like it? Don't use it. Don't wanna have to worry about updating it? Don't update it.

Seriously.. this is pure laziness.
hikaricore Wrote:Don't like it? Don't use it. Don't wanna have to worry about updating it? Don't update it.

Seriously.. this is pure laziness.

very constructive.

Again I have no problem, because I'm using Aeon since day 1. But for someone new or simply for everyone, it should be more clear how to use/install/update or apply mod.
Honestly if a brand new user can't get a grasp on everything they need to read more.
There's a simple link on the Aeon website to get the latest stable build Aeon Stark I just don't see what the issue is.
Github also provides 1 click downloading of the latest bleeding edge release.

As for the mods those aren't really something that need be easy.
Mods aren't for everyone and I think the authors do just fine describing how to set them up.

The point is that I disagree with you and think people are capable of figuring it all out if they really want to.
hikaricore Wrote:Honestly if a brand new user can't get a grasp on everything they need to read more.
There's a simple link on the Aeon website to get the latest stable build Aeon Stark I just don't see what the issue is.
Github also provides 1 click downloading of the latest bleeding edge release.

As for the mods those aren't really something that need be easy.
Mods aren't for everyone and I think the authors do just fine describing how to set them up.

The point is that I disagree with you and think people are capable of figuring it all out if they really want to.
Yet again i find myself aggreeing with you but i do understand what he means about the updates it is a challenge keeping up with djh. and please i am not gripeing as i love the challenge of takeing a skin and modifying for my own uses. and he is right about the forum being a mess but i say like it or lump it as it aint going to change it's the nature of the beastLaugh
Pages: 1 2